We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport to train station

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
airport to train station

visiting spain for the first time :). we are arriving on Sat Nov 30 at 9:45 (if the flight is on time). its united so should be terminal 1. i have read a lot of posts and i am torn between the airport express bus or going over to terminal 4 to catch the cercanias. we are traveling with carry on only. my thinking is there will likely not be a lot of traffic on a saturday. on Sat, will the bus take more time vs traveling over to terminal 4 and finding the train? i figured it would be about the same? was trying to make a 1PM AVE to Seville. i would appreciate any thoughts. i don 't rely want to spend the money on a taxi. thanks so much!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,180 posts
3,579 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport to train station

mwoodrowe:

I would take a taxi to save time. This will cost 25-30 euros. You do not have much time to make your train to Seville. Many times flights from the US are delayed an hour.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport to train station

if your plan is continue your trip to seville that very same day, and you already have the train ticket, the advantadge of cercanias from T4 is that it is for free (included in your MAdrid-Seville ticket). Otherwise I would not say a Saturday morning is a especially busy day for traffic, count about 45 mins or a bit more to get to Atocha train station with the bus. With the cercanias train will be about 10 mins for changing terminals and then 30 mins train ride.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport to train station

Myscreen, Love your new avatar. I forgot the free ticket on Cercanias.

I would follow myscreen's advise. The Cercanias doesn't have traffic issues and it does offer the free ticket provided you already have your AVE ticket. Also, transfer from T1 to T4 is very easy and, as pointed out, rather speedy.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: airport to train station

thx Holakjs :)

mwoodrowe : I would buy the train ticket at 2pm instead just to be on the safe side... (in case the flight is delayed...)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport to train station

thanks for the replies!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
143 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: airport to train station

thanks for the replies…i booked the 2pm train to seville. i think that gives us plenty of time to get from the airport to the station. i did the promo plus so i think we can change that one for a fee if we have to. the site was not difficult but its not all in english :) we are going to give the train to the train station a try.

Scottsdale
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: airport to train station

We are arriving into Term 1 via USAIR @ 0825 . Allowing Customs/late flight, we want to book AVE from Madrid Atocha to Malaga. What's the fastest way to get to the train station for a train departing at 1125 am?

Edited: 11 November 2013, 04:45
Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,044 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: airport to train station

-fastest will be taxi (30 euros, 25 mins or so)

-then Cercanias (from T4, so you'll have to take the free inter-terminals shuttle, and then the cercanias train directly to Atocha). It is for free with your AVE ticket, and it takes 30 mins (plus the ride to T4)

- then bus (5 euros, 30-40 mins)

- then metro (5 euros, 45 mins or so)

9. Re: airport to train station

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 06:19