We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary Help Please! Madrid- Seville - Barcelona - 8 Days

New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary Help Please! Madrid- Seville - Barcelona - 8 Days

My parents are going to Spain (they are seniors) for 8 day vacation. They do not enjoy museums and art very much. They prefer sightseeing and walking. They are leaving in 2 days. They arrive in Madrid and they depart from Barcelona. Any suggestions for itinerary?

My suggestion is as follows for these days:

1. Madrid arrive at 7am flight from US. Hop on-off bus to see the city sights. Overnight Madrid

2. Depart in early morning AVE train to Cordoba. Sightsee Cordoba. Possible tour to Granada half day? 1 night in Cordoba

3. Early morning train to Seville. Sightsee Seville. 1 night in Seville

4. Another day of sightseeing in Seville, afternoon train to Barcelona, arrive Barcelona at 9pm.

5. Sightsee Barcelona (including Sagrada Familia).

6. Daytrip to Monserrat

7. Sightsee Barcelona

8. Daytrip elsewhere?

9. Depart Barcelona early morning

I was thinking of other possible places to go might be Salamanca? Maybe Figueres as a daytrip from Barcelona? Would love to get any feedback! Thank you in advance!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,425 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary Help Please! Madrid- Seville - Barcelona - 8 Days

7travelnyc:

To see the Alhambra, you need two days in Granada. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online.

I think this trip is too hurried. I suggest 3 days in Madrid so your parents can do a day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia.

Stockton
Level Contributor
129 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary Help Please! Madrid- Seville - Barcelona - 8 Days

Benny is right. That trip sounds like a bit much, especially for seniors.

Day trips from Madrid and Barcelona are enough. Your itinerary, while fun, entails too much travel. That's lots of lost time.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,429 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Itinerary Help Please! Madrid- Seville - Barcelona - 8 Days

I would drop either Madrid or Seville. Having just spend a week in both Seville and Madrid, if they are not interested in museums, I would drop Madrid. They could do Seville for 3 nights and see the Cathedral, Alcazar, Plaza Espana, climb the Giralda tower (the thing is ramped, people in wheel chairs make it up) and do a day trip to Cordoba for the Mezquita, then head to Granada for 2 nights and finish in Barcelona for the last 3

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,526 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Itinerary Help Please! Madrid- Seville - Barcelona - 8 Days

That is an itinerary that would kill me. I'd need a vacation after that. I'd pare it way down.

Stockton
Level Contributor
129 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Itinerary Help Please! Madrid- Seville - Barcelona - 8 Days

"I'd need a vacation after that. I'd pare it way down."

My wife said the same thing!

6. Re: Itinerary Help Please! Madrid- Seville - Barcelona - 8 Days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2014, 04:18