My parents are going to Spain (they are seniors) for 8 day vacation. They do not enjoy museums and art very much. They prefer sightseeing and walking. They are leaving in 2 days. They arrive in Madrid and they depart from Barcelona. Any suggestions for itinerary?
My suggestion is as follows for these days:
1. Madrid arrive at 7am flight from US. Hop on-off bus to see the city sights. Overnight Madrid
2. Depart in early morning AVE train to Cordoba. Sightsee Cordoba. Possible tour to Granada half day? 1 night in Cordoba
3. Early morning train to Seville. Sightsee Seville. 1 night in Seville
4. Another day of sightseeing in Seville, afternoon train to Barcelona, arrive Barcelona at 9pm.
5. Sightsee Barcelona (including Sagrada Familia).
6. Daytrip to Monserrat
7. Sightsee Barcelona
8. Daytrip elsewhere?
9. Depart Barcelona early morning
I was thinking of other possible places to go might be Salamanca? Maybe Figueres as a daytrip from Barcelona? Would love to get any feedback! Thank you in advance!