We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salsa Dancing

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Salsa Dancing

Hi

will be visiting Madrid for the first time next weekend and would love to find a salsa club/bar. can anyone recommend one please? or any good bars with good house music?

thanks

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Salsa Dancing

Azúcar on Paseo Reina Cristina 7, not too far away from Atocha rail station.

http://www.azucarsalsadisco.com/

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Salsa Dancing

La Negra Tomasa, on Calle Espoz y Mina.

Different Cuban band every night, start about 11.30pm, carrying on till 2 or 3am.

Admission is usually free, but to compensate for that, drinks are expensive. That's quite a good trade-off – especially as no one seems to mind you sitting nursing one drink all night, if you want.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,850 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Salsa Dancing

La Negra Tomasa is fine, but there is not room enough to dance.

Sunderland, United...
Level Contributor
417 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Salsa Dancing

As ever, I bow to Revulgo's knowledge of all things madrileño. However, I can only say that on the night we were there, the – admittedly small – area in front of the stage was taken up with regulars dancing the rather steamy version of salsa called (I think) bomba; there was dancing in the area around and behind the bar; and we stood at our table to swing our hips.

So yes, I'd agree it's crowded, with not a lot of room for extravagant Strictly-type choreography. But where there's a will ... : )

5. Re: Salsa Dancing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 November 2014, 05:17