We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

apartment location and advice

kle
Boston
Level Contributor
766 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
apartment location and advice

We are interested in the two apartments below and are looking for some advice on location and area.

spain-select.com/en_US/rent-apartments-madri…

http://www.vrbo.com/173136

We are a family of three adults and two young children (3 and 8). One adult is also elderly. We are looking for an apartment that is kid-friendly and has good elevator access. We also want a central neighborhood for easy walking (no hills) but also not too noisy at night. Am I also right to assume that we should not worry about air conditioning in April?

Many thanks for your help!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,322 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: apartment location and advice

The area looks convenient but I haven't stayed there so will leave others to comment on that. We were in La Latina this spring. In April prepare for cold weather -- we nearly froze this May because we had packed thinking it would be hot and it was chilly and rainy.

Both apartment look lovely and have ample dining space which is important for a group. I would be inclined to go with the Spain Select apartment simply because this is an agency that is very reliable. We have rented with them in Madrid and the place was spotlessly prepared and they were very responsive to emails and such -- I feel confident that if there had been a problem they would have stepped up. We found something broken when we checked in (didn't notice till the agent had left) and so I emailed the details so we would not be charged. They volunteered to have it repaired immediately or that they would wait between tenants if we preferred. We chose the later, but it was nice knowing that they were prepared to take care of a problem.

Brussels, Belgium
Destination Expert
for Seville
Level Contributor
4,087 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: apartment location and advice

the vrbo one is at the end of Gran Via, a very busy street with lots of traffic and where most theaters and musicals are (think kind of Broadway-Times Square in NYC, with less lights). It can be quiet but it can be noisy, depending on the apartment itself (double glazing, etc)

the other one is closer to a park and in a more residential area (even tho they are both very close)

April is a hit or miss, it can be very cold or very hot, or windy and rainy or sunny or anything in between. Better check 1 or 2 weeks before in a weather website to see what to pack.

kle
Boston
Level Contributor
766 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: apartment location and advice

Thank you for the advice. I will certainly keep everything in mind.

I have also contacted Friendly Rentals about the La Latina III apartment--any thoughts on this one versus the Spain Select Marina Espanola? Is one area safer than the other--thinking about my 70 year old mother going about by herself?

kle
Boston
Level Contributor
766 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: apartment location and advice

Oops, forgot the link to La Latina III apartment: friendlyrentals.com/en/…apartment-2536-33.htm

kle
Boston
Level Contributor
766 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: apartment location and advice

The Latina III is no longer an option as there is no elevator. Spain Select has also indicated that the Bailen IV is also available for our dates. Any thoughts on this location?

spain-select.com/en_US/rent-apartments-madri…

6. Re: apartment location and advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 05:18