We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

Is it possible to do a tour on matchday?

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Madrid
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, City Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Adventurous Appetites Tapas Tour
Walking Tours, Food Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Leaf Madrid Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

Match days:

Tour open up to 5 hours prior to kick-off (no dressing room access).

Two hours prior to kick-off only the Trophy Room is open to visitors.

Route: Trophy Room, panoramic view of the stadium from West Stand vantage point, store.

realmadrid.com/cs/…Santiago_Bernabeu.htm

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

If you have any flexibility in your schedule, I would try to do another day. Trophy Room is awesome, but so much more is available on non-game days.

realmadrid.com/cs/…Santiago_Bernabeu.htm

Also tour cost is 19 euros...I would want to get my total money's worth.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

Ok thanks for the advice. Is it possible to do a tour on the day after a match and do you get full access?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

Kevin,

I copied and pasted this schedule from the link both Revulgo and I posted for you. One of many things you miss on match day is the visit to the opponent's locker room...All in Real Madrid colors and tiles. Talk about getting into the opposition's head.

Open year-round except for 25 December and 1 January.

These are the places you get to visit on the self-guided tour.

Stadium Panorama

Best Club in History Room

Tribute to Alfredo Di Stéfano and trophies exhibition

Walk around the pitch (field)

Presidential Balcony

Players' tunnel, benches and coaching area

Dressing Rooms

Press Room

Store

Non-match days:

Monday to Saturday: 10:00h - 19:00h.

Sundays and holidays: 10:30h - 18:30h

Match days:

Tour open up to 5 hours prior to kick-off (no dressing room access).

Two hours prior to kick-off only the Trophy Room is open to visitors.

Route: Trophy Room, panoramic view of the stadium from West Stand vantage point, store.

Note: For organizational purposes the route of the Tour and its schedule may vary. Visitors will be advised prior to acccessing the stadium.

Porto, Portugal
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

this is all for 19 euros?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

That is all. No, for 19 euros, you don't get to see a player, but I can tell you that I am not a soccer fan BUT

I loved the tour. It's a self-tour so if you meet up with people, you can take it with them, but if not, you're on

your own. I was lucky enough to meet a young Spanish couple (no English spoken). The wife age 27 had bought her husband age 28 a trip to Madrid and the stadium for his birthday. I walked and talked with them

and when we reached the entrance to the stadium and the overlook of the field/pitch, the young man teared

up (began to cry). I was so touched that he loved the team so much.

For me, that was worth 19 euros...plus seeing them measure blades of glass (not necessarily part of the tour) , the visitors' locker room done is Real Madrid colors, the press room, and of course the trophy room, which looks like it is even more high-tech that when I visited now about 5 years ago. 19 euros is 19 euros...Not cheap but I loved it.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

Is it possible to take photos inside these rooms and outside?

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

I did. No one took me to stop, and I wasn't coy.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

I was there in late November and can confirm that you can take photos of anything or anywhere that you're allowed to visit on the tour, including the locker rooms. Just another reason to NOT do the tour on a match day. If you're a futbol fan, the 19 euros seem worth it IMO.

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g187514-d7…

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,844 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Santiago Bernabeu stadium tour

Real Madrid's stadium will receive a new outer shell, assymetric and futuristic to be completed by 2017. The cladding is to be metallic, but not solid - the skin will form horizontal blinds, under which lights and images will illuminate the facades at night. The stadium will also be equipped with retractable roof atop the pitch, opening or closing in 15 minutes. Under the roof one huge giant screen will be positioned, encircling the inner edge of the roof and giving a panoramic view to all fans. Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOKxqrB-c8E