We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

Regina...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Topic
Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

Royal Palace

I could not find info on hours of operations for 31st of December and 1st of January?

I have found this page in Spanish and don't know much Spanish to figure out if they are saying anything about New Year's holiday hours of operation?

patrimonionacional.es/Home/…Horario.aspx

Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

One of the links on that page (Cierres e incidencias--closures and events) shows that the palace will be closed on December 31. It doesn't have any info for 2014 yet, but in 2013, it looks like it was open on January 1, from 10:00 to 18:00. I would get there as early as possible (since it opens at 10, perhaps get there 20-30 minutes early).

patrimonionacional.es/Home/…cierres.aspx

Regina...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

Thank you.

Could you tell me how much time i should allocate for visit? Somewhere i have read that it has 25 rooms open for visitors?

Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

Edit: It just occurred to me that the Cierres link is perhaps updated for December, so they don't have the dates they closed earlier in the year. You may have to wait a few more days to get the info for January 1st.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

I say anywhere between 90 minutes to two hours is probably average. I enjoyed the palace a great deal. I think the 4 euro extra for the audio tour guide is worth it.

Regina...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

Thanks. I am thinking to visit maybe on 30th just to be sure. Do they have an option to pay a guide where you could also ask a questions? I think Prado has something like that.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

They do and it costs an additional 7 euro. I'm not sure how often they have the guides, however.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,179 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

Boris:

I think that you may stay 2 hours. Right now there is a temporary exhibition:

patrimonionacional.es/Home/Programas-Cultura…

Regina...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

Thank you.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

I have not toured with the audio version. If it's as detailed as the personal guide one, I would pass unless I was really interested in interior design, but the personal guide one may have changed as well. The self-guided one I thought was the best for the typical tourist, but my info is not current.

FYI, I have taken tour guide one...in English with a guide who took Reina Sofia through (the Queen). That in itself was interesting. Also, have done the self-guided, which you can tailor to your own interests and tolerance for minutia. BUT I have not taken the newer audio version, but I don't see us doing that on our next trip.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Royal Palace New Years hour of operation

I liked the royal palace's audio guide because it didn't seem too detailed, rather, just detailed enough. In particular it described some of the rooms and what they were used for over the past 200 years. The description went a little bit beyond what my Madrid guide books said about the Palacio Real. This was not the case with some of the audio guides at other attractions I visited last week where the audio guide was either of poor quality or the explanation was too long-winded (like my trip reports :P) or too brief.