We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel agent recommendations

Chicago
Level Contributor
93 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Travel agent recommendations

Hi all - I know trip advisor is much about planning on your own, but my husband and I are both very busy lawyers with very little free time. We want to go to Madrid next summer (and also London and Paris) and although I think it would be so fun for me to plan this trip entirely on my own, I need help. Does anyone have travel agent recommendations? I would be grateful for any recommendations, thank you.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,787 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel agent recommendations

You can book online.

A multi city air ticket with www.aa.com Fly into London and out of Madrid.

Train London to Paris www.eurostar.com

Flight Paris to Madrid www.easyjet.com or train www.elipsos.com

Hotels www.venere.com

www.visitlondon.com

www.parisinfo.com

www.madridtourist.info

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
59,163 posts
3,577 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel agent recommendations

NBA:

I am sure you can get a good travel agent in your city.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel agent recommendations

Turn to Spain Info at:

845 Noth Michigan Av, Suite 915-E

Chicago, IL 60611

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel agent recommendations

Revulgo,

I have been to that office many times...to get free pamphlets, posters, info, but I would not consider the Spanish National Tourist Office a travel agency. They do have specific and general info about all cities and areas of Spain, but they do not make travel arrangements, which to me is the job of a travel agent. I think of this office as more of a reference for travel agents so they would probably put you in touch with someone with whom they work. No service change for this at all.

That said, this office is in the Water Tower Place, which is anchored by Macy's Department store. The Water Tower Place office tower is accessed in the area near the parking garage by the magazine and newspaper stand. You take an elevator up to the 9th floor.

All personnel are Spanish nationals who are knowledgeable and accommodating. They all speak English. You can call them at Tel. 1312 / 642 19 92 - 944 02 16...because as I remember their hours are a little different. Call them to check the time before you visit. Also, you can request information on area you are considering to visit...either on the phone or in person.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel agent recommendations

We have used Europeandestinations.com for three trips in total to Italy and recently Spain. Check out their website and see if their way helps. They are based in the USA. Consider London And Paris for one or Spain separately.

Look up the DK Eyewitness Guides for each city and then ask specific questions. Some research is unavoidable unless money is no object.

Edited: 23 December 2013, 11:39
6. Re: Travel agent recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 06:18