We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

aero city, opinions?

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Telegraph Point...
Level Contributor
161 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
aero city, opinions?

I've not seen too many recent comments or opinions on the forum about the Aero City airport car/shuttle. Both my arrival and departure flights to/from Madrid are early morning pre-sunrise so I was planning not to use the bus or metro and considering a taxi instead.

But seems like the taxi would be around 35Euro and when you book online with AeroCity it's about 19Euro... Apart from the fact that I might need to share the AeroCity shuttle with someone else and I might need to wait 15min for them or to drop them off at their hotel etc I can't see any disadvantages to them.

Does anyone have any experience with Aero City v's a taxi?

thanks!

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,184 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: aero city, opinions?

Apparently the taxi fare now is a flat €30 (from 7 Jan) and seems like it applies at any time - see previous post here. With Aero City which I have used before it is a little bit hit and miss as to whether you get from A to B directly because of other passenger drop offs etc so if you have plenty of time then it should be ok.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: aero city, opinions?

This thread might interest you.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k5500…

Telegraph Point...
Level Contributor
161 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: aero city, opinions?

gah! I booked the Aero City transfer seriously 10minutes before you posted that! I'd searched here for opinions and not found anything. Darn it.... Thanks for the link.

Perhaps I'll email them from the booking confirmation and just confirm their wait times. I've booked a train to Segovia already for later that morning and don't have time to be sitting around waiting....

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: aero city, opinions?

I believe "hit and miss" as described by Cadiz lover is appropriate. I have only used them once. Now with the Cercanias, express bus as two alternatives plus fixed rate taxi (30 euros) if you are really tired and/or jet lagged, it doesn't seem necessary to deal with.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: aero city, opinions?

Just to back up Holakjs's excellent point about being tired following a transatlantic flight: when I arrived in Madrid following a 9-hour flight from Dallas, I was very happy to have not reserved with Aerocity, only because of the previously reported waiting times at the airport. For a few extra euro, I got a cab and was in my downtown Madrid apartment in about 30 minutes after leaving customs. And Revulgo's point (on another thread) is a good one (as usual), regarding the people inside the terminal who try to offer you a cab. Ignore them if you've opted for taxi. Grab a cab outside of the terminal instead, where there will be plenty.

Edited: 05 January 2014, 22:24
Telegraph Point...
Level Contributor
161 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: aero city, opinions?

Just an update post-trip-

I wasn't able to cancel my booking without a fair amount of drama so I decided to just let it be and see how it worked out.

My pickup from the airport was an early one (I was out of luggage collection by 6am) but I was supposed to phone them on arrival and the pay phone just took my money and I couldn't figure it out. LOL! So I ended up having to wait until 7am when their booth opened to contact the driver. But I was then the only person in the shuttle and was taken direct to my hotel. The driver was lovely.

My return back to the airport was totally smooth. The driver came upstairs to my hostal to find me at 6:55am (5minutes before pick-up time) just as I was on my way down. He had two other pickups nearby which were both completed by 7:15 and we then went straight to the airport.

I'm glad I chose them cos even tho it was only a savings of 10Euro each way that was money in my pocket. And it was easier than dragging luggage through the metro.

I did use the metro to come and go from the airport on another occasion (I had a stopover in Madrid coming and going to Morocco so stayed there twice) and it took quite a bit longer and involved more walking! LOL! Not a drama really, but with bags the pickup was easier.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,276 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: aero city, opinions?

Glad to hear it worked out. Can't wait to you read about your trip to Spain. :)

4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: aero city, opinions?

If u value your money. I wouldnt use this company. First they collected us at Barcelona airport they werent very keen to drop my family off at Salou. On return they phoned and said they wont be collecting us and make our own way there. We missed flight and have been waiting 8 MONTHS for our money which they promised me and now they say they wont reimburse me.

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: aero city, opinions?

If u value your money. I wouldnt use this company. First they collected us at Barcelona airport they werent very keen to drop my family off at Salou. On return they phoned and said they wont be collecting us and make our own way there. We missed flight and have been waiting 8 MONTHS for our money which they promised me and now they say they wont reimburse me.

4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: aero city, opinions?