We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Breakfast in Madrid

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,364 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Breakfast in Madrid

Most hotels I am looking at are adding about 10 euro per person per day for breakfast. I am thinking that might be worth it. What is the going rate for breakfast on the street.

Thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,277 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Breakfast in Madrid

If you pay 10 euro for breakfast, you're paying too much in my opinion. The only advantage to eating breakfast in your hotel is one of convenience. I found a nice bar/restaurant that served up a delicious breakfast for 6 euro, which included coffee, orange juice, scrambled eggs, toast and a potato. It's called Café La Traviata. But there are literally hundreds of breakfast options in the center of Madrid and elsewhere in the city for less than 10 euro.

Madrid, Madrid...
Level Contributor
49 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Breakfast in Madrid

Much cheaper than that, but I'm guessing that in the hotel the quantity is also bigger.

With less than 4€ you can have a full breakfast with coffe, juice and toasts in almost every caffe shop in Madrid. You should try toasts with tomato, olive oil and cured ham, it's very typical in Spain (it is certainly my favourite breakfast).

Also, if you want to try the a typical breakfast in Madrid, try chocolate con churros in San Gines (3,8€):

madridsensations.com/churros-con-chocolate/

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,021 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Breakfast in Madrid

Another good place for breakfast is standing at the counter at La Mallorquina on Puerta Del Sol. Really cheap and good coffee and pastries.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,718 posts
3,568 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Breakfast in Madrid

Peter:

pasteleria-mallorca.com/direcciones/tiendas

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Breakfast in Madrid

Peter I booked a week in Madrid hotel got it with a bargain price by travelrepublic price includes breakfast .. I like to take breackfast in hotel ... Did you book your hotel yet ..

Madrid, Spain
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Breakfast in Madrid

Hello

I am Enrique from Madrid.

Difinitely you can get cheaper breakfast. Madrid is full of Cafes places, so will be very easy for you to find one.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
207 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Breakfast in Madrid

Breakfasts (desayuno) in Madrid go as late as 12:30pm. Been here for nearly 2 months, wake up late and take my brunch anywhere for 4€max. Often, i just spend 2.50€ to include a sandwich/toast, coffee and a glass of freshly-squeezed naranja. Desayunos in madrid are a steal! If you are adventurous, go to the mercado and eat your breakfast there. I have my favorite: mercado de San anton in chueca neighborhood.

8. Re: Breakfast in Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2015, 05:17