We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

new jersey
Level Contributor
431 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

Hello everyone! This time I am beginning to plan my trip to Spain in September 2014. Planning this trip from USA (NJ) to arrive to any of these cities and take it from there! Land and return from a different point and take a train (fast) in between. Need recommendations in a Hotel for each city with a moderate price, no more than 125 euros a night, hopefully less, and these hotels located near a train station so I can safe some money on the stay! Thanks for all of your input in advance!

Canton, Michigan
Level Contributor
28 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

Hi,

We are going to Spain in second half of May.

Madrid - I booked Holiday Inn Express (3 star) near Piramides. You have a direct Circanias train from airport and also from the Madrid atocha train station. I booked few weeks back for about $85 a night including taxes.

Sevilla - I booked Melia Lebreros(4 star) near Sevilla santa justa station (650 meters) for about $100 a night.

Barcelona - Expo Hotel (4 star), right next to Barcelona Sants train station for about $145 a night.

check them out.

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,067 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

Have a look at

www.europeandestinations.com/…

You can customize your stay. We went to Madrid in September along with a side trip to Segovia and again in December for a week in Seville and Granada bookended by one day in Madrid . They arrange the details including train trips and you can choose different levels of Hotels. At the very least have a look at the site to get your own ideas.

Edited: 09 January 2014, 19:48
new jersey
Level Contributor
431 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

Thank you for very specific answer, I will look into this for sure. Did you pay in advance or you are able to cancel this Without penalty?

Edited: 10 January 2014, 02:57
new jersey
Level Contributor
431 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

Thank you for very specific answer, I will look into this for sure. Did you pay in advance or you are able to cancel this Without penalty?

Edited: 10 January 2014, 02:58
new jersey
Level Contributor
431 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

Edited: 10 January 2014, 02:59
new jersey
Level Contributor
431 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

Thank you for sharing, I'm going to log in now!

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

Booking.com is another site often used for hotels in Europe. Recommended frequently here.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
62,525 posts
3,723 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

travelinghappy:

For trains, read Buying Renfe Tickets Online.

I always stay at the Hotel Becquer in Seville. It has a very good location and is walking distance to most sights. Great breakfast buffet.

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
102 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

We just did this exact trip - nine nights in Madrid, Seville and Barcelona - three nights in each. We started in Madrid, staying at the Francisco I in Puerta del Sol - great location and easy to get to the train station. Was also easy to get to Puerta del Sol via the Circanias but you do need to make one transfer at Nuevos Ministerios, which was very easy. After Madrid we took the train to Seville, which was so easy - stayed at El Rey Moro - great hotel in Santa Cruz. Would definitely recommend this hotel and this area - lots of great bars nearby and it's a very short taxi ride from the train station. After Seville we flew to Barcelona - the Veuling tickets were actually cheaper than the train tickets. Only real drawback with this is that the air point in both Seville and Barcelona are outside the city and the taxi fare was between 20-30 euro. In Barcelona we stayed at the Aparthotel Arai and I cannot recommend it enough - the rooms are set up like apartments so you have a small kitchen. Great location - walked everywhere.

The only thing I would change about our trip would be the order of the cities - Barcelona is such an active city and by the time we got there we were a little burnt out. If I were to plan our trip again I would stay in Barcelona first - maybe 4 nights - and then take the train to Madrid for two nights and finish in Seville for three.

Have fun! Spain is a blast - and eat everything you see. It's all good...

10. Re: Trip to Madrid, Barcelona and Seville! 10 full days?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 05:18