We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
25 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

i'm looking for recommendations for a flat or hotel in the city center that would be good for small kids? They are 6 and 8, so not small enough for crib. Most the hotels seem to really only sleep 2 to a room, and my husband and I would prefer to not split into 2 different hotel rooms with each kid. So I'm leaning toward the flat / apartment idea. We prefer to be in the city center for walking to tourist places, and will be attending a family wedding close to the city center as well.

thanks!

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
585 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

I use and recommend Friendly Rentals when in Madrid , they have a large selection of apartments that would be suitable for a family of 4.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

I would recommend Hotel Suite Prado. We have stayed in a suite with a separate bedroom and a living room with sofa-sleeper. Haven't request a crib, but I imagine they can accommodate that. BTW, it's in a good location, but a little noisy. Explain that to them, and maybe you can get a quieter suite. I will say that it's not a suite meant for preparing a complete meal. Breakfast, fine and maybe sandwiches, but not fixing mac & cheese, etc.

See this: http://www.suiteprado.com/

See reviews here. tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187514-d234290…

Also, I would not accept atico rooms which may be quieter because they only have skylights. Also, in the Trip Advisor reviews, I would disregard those who say it's difficult to find. It's off Calle del Prado and Ventura de la Vega...a restaurant row...right out your door.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

Also compare rates by trying Booking.com, Trip Advisor, etc.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
25 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

Thank you all for the advice!

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,388 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

Suites 33 also has suites (close to Plaza de España) but either friendlyrentals.com or Spain-select.com would be my preferred way to go. I've rented from friendlyrentals and my mother and sister used Spain-select when they came to stay with us a few years ago. I think an apartment is always the way to go with children because having the kitchen and a fridge makes the difference between being tied to restaurant hours and being able to meet children's needs when they arise.

NJ
Level Contributor
165 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

Try the Sercotel Suites Viena. Please read the information that I just posted for the thread about "Family Fun........" They also have 2 children ages 6 and 8. Also, read the tripadvisor reviews of this hotel. It may suit your needs.

7. Re: madrid flat /hotel recs, city center, family with small kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 January 2015, 05:18