We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

women's shoes in madrid

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
86 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
women's shoes in madrid

hello everyone

i will be in madrid next month and staying at el coloso hotel

my time will be very limited

but i do have to buy one gift , is "el corte ingles" on calle preciados the best place to buy women's shoes ?

and does anybody know their opening and closing hours in winter (march 2014)

i don't like shopping LOL

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: women's shoes in madrid

Open:

10am to 10pm (working days) 

11am to 9pm (holidays)

http://goo.gl/ytRo7

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
86 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: women's shoes in madrid

thank you for the information revulgo !

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,832 posts
3,571 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: women's shoes in madrid

victory:

The Gran Via is the main shopping street downtown and has many shoe stores. This is an alternative to El Corte Ingles.

El Corte Ingles still gives a 10% discount to foreign tourists. Go to the service desk and ask for the coupon before buying shoes.

NJ
Level Contributor
166 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: women's shoes in madrid

My favorite shoe store in Madrid is Creaciones Don Pedro, Paseo de la Habana, 50. All of the shoes are made in Spain. I found that many of the shoes in El Cortes Ingles are made in other countries and imported to Spain, much like many shoes in the US. Creaciones Don Pedro is a very small family owned shoe store. The service is personal and quick. The 3 generations of women who run the store are lovely and more than helpful. You will be in and out of there in a short amount of time. I think it is worth going there, but be advised that they close early on Saturday (probably about 13:00). I believe they are open until 19:00 in the evening, but you might want to check that out for sure when you arrive at your hotel.

Getting there is easy. The Paseo de la Habana is located behind and to the side of El Estadio Santiago Bernabeu. Take the metro to the stop for the stadium and walk along the street on the right side of the stadium, as you are looking at it. The first or second street on the right will be the Paseo de la Habana. I am sorry that I don't remember the exact names of the streets, but it is very easy to find.

I would like to add that the shoes that I have bought here, on several trips, are extremely comfortable. When wearing them, I always receive many compliments on them. Happy shopping.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
86 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: women's shoes in madrid

thank you benny malaga !

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
86 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: women's shoes in madrid

thank you traverler1

surrey, england
Level Contributor
4,948 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: women's shoes in madrid

hello victory111,

spain is considered to have the best quality leather products in the world. if you are looking for high quality women shoes, i suggest you go to chueca district which is a 15 minutes walk or a short metro ride to chueca metro. this area is full of high quality shops catering to the gay community.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,530 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: women's shoes in madrid

BTW, if you go to Chueca, head to Augusto Figueroa St. for women's footwear.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
4,948 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: women's shoes in madrid

thank you revulgo. i have seen so many high quality footwear shops in the area, i lost count of them all. thank you.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
86 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: women's shoes in madrid

thank you all for the information !