We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AC Palacio 5* Autograph Coll. Late night dining surroundings

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
AC Palacio 5* Autograph Coll. Late night dining surroundings

Hi everyone. Need info on neighborhood vibe of AC Palacio right across the park.

In terms of restaurants nearby, late night dining 22:00 to midnight, and late night walk back to the hotel, is AC Palacio 5* well situated? Are there plenty of restaurants in immediate area or do I still have to cross to Paseo D Prado to the restaurants between Paseo d Prado and Puerta del Sol?

That part of Madrid, surrounding AC Palacio, is it as lively as the part between Paseo d Prado and Puerto del Sol in terms of night life restaurants and people coming and going to bars and restaurants?

I've been to Madrid. But I haven't taken a stroll late at night around AC Palacio or the block north of Paseo D Prado. Muchas Gracias.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,482 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AC Palacio 5* Autograph Coll. Late night dining surroundings

Carmi:

The Hotel AC Palacio is located at Calle Alfonso XII, 14. This street has plenty of traffic, even at night. The area is safe and there are many luxury buildings on that street, one of the streets where the richest people of Madrid live. To go to restaurants, you can walk to nearby Calle Serrano. There are many restaurants there and nearby Calle Goya.

You can also cross the Paseo del Prado and go to the Plaza de las Cortes, which also has many restaurants nearby.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: AC Palacio 5* Autograph Coll. Late night dining surroundings

Thanks Benny Malaga.

I was curious about the NORTH of AC Palacio and immediate surroundings in terms of cafes/restaurants at night w/in 5 minutes walk. Or above Paseo de Prado.

P De Prado and Cortes, I'm familiar as I've been there late at night. I noticed that lively areas are the ones w/ cafes/bars/restaurants. But city blocks of museums and parks tend to be deserted at night as there are no nightlife there.

Edited: 06 February 2014, 15:59
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,606 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: AC Palacio 5* Autograph Coll. Late night dining surroundings

Some good restaurants nearby your hotel

MEATing for meat eaters

www.restaurantemeating.com/index.php?action=4

Restaurant with a great array of wines:

http://hermanos.garciadelanavarra.com/en/

La Gamella:

http://www.lagamella.com/es/en/

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: AC Palacio 5* Autograph Coll. Late night dining surroundings

Thank you very much Benny Malaga and Revulgo. Soooo appreciate your time in giving these information. I enjoy Madrid, though I've been there in previous trips, there's always something new to discover.

Edited: 15 February 2014, 23:54
5. Re: AC Palacio 5* Autograph Coll. Late night dining surroundings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 February 2015, 05:19