We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with Hotel Selection

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
448 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Help with Hotel Selection

I will be staying in Madrid for 6 nights at the end of June, beginning of July. I'm looking for a comfortable and centrally located place. I've got 4 places that I'm considering: Hotel Atlantico, Catalonia Las Cortes, Hotel Preciados, and Hotel Europa. I have been reading the TripAdvisor reviews. Just looking for some comparison comments on location, etc.

Thanks for your help.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,092 posts
3,501 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

m&m:

I would choose the Hotel Atlantico based on location. The Gran Via is the main shopping street downtown, with many restaurants.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
448 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

Thank you Benny.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,475 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

My choice, based on location, is the Catalonia Las Cortes, near the main sights, restaurants, plazas for people watching and nightlife.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,260 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

For me, they're all pretty much close together. The Atlantico looks great, but as you might have gleaned, a couple of the reviews complain about the closet-like single rooms. (Not sure if you're traveling by yourself.) If I had a room to the street for any of these hotels, I'd want to check to see if the windows are double-glazed or have some kind of way to buffer out the noise. If you are traveling with family, or even alone, I would consider an apartment for that length of time. I'm sure all of those hotels are great, given their generally good reviews.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,373 posts
424 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

I would also choose the Catalonia Las Cortes. I don't much care for the Gran Via as it's so busy and trafficky. I prefer to be closer to Plaza Santa Ana and food and museums.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

I second Wombat's recommendation and reasoning.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
448 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

Thank you for your opinions. This is very helpful and I appreciate it.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

When I came to choose to book my hotel for my week stay in Madrid I have also worried to choose the best and the hotel for my budget ...I choosed a hotel in Gran Via area as fron what I saw fron this area one can reach everywere very easy ... my choice fall on the BEST WESTERN Hotel Mayorazgo. Flor Baja, 3 - 28013 Madrid Spain ... Now when time comes I see if I did the right choice ... But one will have to decides and must jump of a good offer like I did .. Hope M&M will choose the right hotel

NJ
Level Contributor
378 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

Another recommendation for Catalonia Las Cortes for location . I always stay in that street/ area, actually have just reserved to stay at the Catalonia this coming July . My parents stayed at the Atlantico and said everytime they stepped out was like going into a vortex, so maybe a bit too busy.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
448 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with Hotel Selection

Thank you katarob. Have you stayed at the Catalonia Las Cortes before or just in that neighborhood? I just made a reservation through their website and am now trying to request a specific room type by emailing the hotel.