We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Apartment location???

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
252 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Apartment location???

We are traveling in the beginning of April, two adults, two teen daughters. We are looking at two apartments for rent, trying to decide on location. I do think either would be great, but thought I'd give the forum a try.

They are on Plaza de Carlos Cambronero, and Calle San Nicolás near the church of St.Nicolas/ Calle Mayor.

Again, it seems they are both in great locations, just trying to get an idea on the feel of the area. We will be walking/tramming everywhere, but do hope to do some bar hopping /eating in the evenings ( with and without the teens), near the apt!

Thank you for any input and your time.

Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Apartment location???

They're both very well located and basically equidistant from the sights you'll want to go to. I think it's really a matter of which apartment you'd prefer to stay in. I think personally, I'd prefer the San Nicolas place because it's further from the Gran Via (and this is really very much a personal preference as I do not like the Gran Via and many many people adore it and can't imagine not staying near it or on it when they come to Madrid). The San Nicolas property is in Las Austrias which is a good place to stay, not too far from good eating in La Latina, close enough to Sol that you can get anywhere in the city, pretty much walking distance to everything.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
64,719 posts
3,731 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Apartment location???

I too would choose the apartment on San Nicolas. This is quite close to the Royal Palace and the Almudena Cathedral. Be sure to see the nearby Church of San Francisco El Grande, one of the most beautiful churches in the city.

A good restaurant in the area:

Calle Ruda, 5 (Plaza de Cascorro)

Tel: 913-655-241

Closed on Sunday.

Malacatin was opened in 1895 and is a typical tavern that is decorated with bullfighting posters and is ringed with beautiful ceramic tile. This restaurant is famous for its cocido at lunch. A reservation for lunch is necessary because it gets very crowded and every table gets occupied. There are two servings for lunch, the first one starting at 2:00 pm and the second one starting at 3:30 pm. The cocido is served in large quantities.

Wake Forest, North...
Level Contributor
252 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Apartment location???

Thank you very much!!

4. Re: Apartment location???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:21
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now