We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ponte vedra
Level Contributor
340 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

Certain times are not available to purchase (i.e. 920 and 1020 from Madrid) (1920 from Toledo)

The website blocks out availability for entire month of March through April 18. Does this mean these are not available for purchase via the website, or they are completely sold out? I have read on TA that tickets are available off season.

ie, if we go to atocha in person, any hope?

or book different train?

Thank you

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

I just tried it for March 11 and it there are tickets available for all of those times you listed. You probably caught their system at a bad moment. In any event, you can get the tickets at the station if you don't buy online.

ponte vedra
Level Contributor
340 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

We arrive on Mar 14, so I did not try the dates before. I just went back on the website, and there are tix March 11 until 14 then not after . I will keep trying. I feel better that we will probably be OK.

Thanks much

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,162 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

chrismom:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Cairns, Australia
Level Contributor
572 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

I have just finished booking 6 different train journeys around Spain.

I gave up on the Renfe web page.

I paid a few extra euros and booked through Eurorail on this link

www.seat61.com/Spain-trains.htm#.UsoEtWfxs5t , it was so easy and it all got through hassle free.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
1,241 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

chrismom

The message I get from the Renfe search engine for dates after March 14 and for the times you've listed is to try again later. Another option would be to try petrobax.com They are a reliable company. They are based in the US and specialize in train tickets to Spain. If not, try back on Renfe's site in a day or two.

Edited: 01 March 2014, 05:54
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
18,686 posts
271 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

Strange. Clearly the 09.20 or 10.20 train to Toledo will be favourite for many travellers especially tourist. Whereas the earlier 07.50 one is just too early ! It could conceivably be that these are booked already but somehow doubt and best to try again later. Using a 3rd party agent will only work if the trains are listed on RENFE web site. If they still do not appear then maybe best is to book an earlier or later one? Or take the bus from Eliptica.

But I would give it a little time.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

Yes, you can always buy ticket Madrid-Toledo at the station or local travel agency, but there are always lines/queses to deal with. I would try to get tickets bought before if you know your schedule so you "waste" time at your leisure at home rather than precious vacation time.

ponte vedra
Level Contributor
340 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

Thanks so much everyone. I had already tried petrobax, but you are right, the same times are not available and mirrors the renfe website.

I will say that renfe website is making me chug maalox.

I will keep trying. Thanks all We really would love to see Toledo. The kids are willing to take the earlier train, but most everyone is still CLOSED.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

Will it be wise if we book this Madrid/Toledo/Madrid tickets say 2/3 days before, as we are going to be in Madrid for 7 days

Torremolinos, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torremolinos
Level Contributor
14,081 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: renfe website for ticket from madrid to toledo

Now that Loco2's Spanish service is fully up and running you can avoid both the RENFE hassle and the Petrabax charges:

https://loco2.com/spanish-rail