We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

Hi - are there any of the above restaurants in Madrid?

thanks

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,382 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

a quick question, why do you want to come to madrid for asian buffet/mongolian grill restaurants when there are so many excellent spanish restaurants and cafe-bars for dinners and tapas? here in madrid you have plenty of choices for galician meat and seafood, valencia dishes, asturian meals, etc.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,639 posts
3,653 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

looby:

I do not know of any Asian buffet/Mongolian grill restaurants. However here is one of the best Chinese restaurants in Madrid, with very moderate prices and quite elegant:

Restaurante Thong

Calle Lopez de Hoyos, 14

The most expensive Chinese restaurant:

Restaurante Tse-Yang

Paseo de la Castellana, 22 (Hotel Villa Magna)

Tel: 914-311-888

Web: http://www.cafesaigon.es/tseyang_vill...

This restaurant is very elegant, has beautiful Chinese furniture and ceramics, and is very quiet, unlike other Chinese restaurants. There is a Spanish maitre d' who takes your order and explains the different plates and what they contain, and takes orders for the wine, which comes from a very extensive wine list. When the food is ready, a Chinese waiter brings a portable table with a warming plate and serves the food. The food not served is left on the warming plate. All the Chinese waiters are quiet and efficient and have been trained on the ways to serve food. The food is extremely good and is beautifully presented. Surprisingly the prices are moderate. It turns out that this is a restaurant where Madrid high society frequents and one can see celebrities eating here. It is a pleasure to eat in this very good restaurant. Reservations are a must. The restaurant opens for lunch at 1 pm.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

Thank you both.

We are in Madrid for 4 days and certainly will be sapling lots of tapas.

Really, the question was to try and plan for somewhere a bit different - as there are 8 of us, some that don't like fish etc etc we can guarantee that Thai will please all!!

I shall look at the suggestions thank you.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,707 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

Suggestions for meat eaters:

'Cochinillo' (roast suckling pig) at Botín:

http://www.botin.es/?q=en/node/10

'Cordero asado' (roast lamb) at La Posada de la Villa:

posadadelavilla.com/html/english/menu.html

'Chuletón' (charcoal grilled steak) at Zerain:

restaurante-vasco-zerain-sidreria.es/english…

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
449 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

If you want something other than Spanish food after 4 days, I don't think I'd suggest Chinese in Madrid. I think you're better off with either South Asian ( Indian Aroma is good) or Italian (Da Govino is excellent). There is a good Peruvian place called El Inti Oro. For Spanish which is not meat centered, try Maceiras on Huertas. Their seafood is to die for!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
646 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

Thank you I shall read about all those options! Making me hungry!

Leeds, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

According to some notes I made from a guide book, there is/was a place called "Asia Society" located on calle Lope de Vega. My notes say it is open on Tue to Sat from 21:00 to 01:00.

Sometimes I like to try non-local food when I'm travelling just to compare it to the same in my own country.

The listed dishes included Mongolian dumplings and nasi goreng; it serves beers and is friendly with reasonable prices.

Check it out and if it's still there, I hope you enjoy it.

Leeds, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

According to some notes I made from a guide book, there is/was a place called "Asia Society" located on calle Lope de Vega. My notes say it is open on Tue to Sat from 21:00 to 01:00.

Sometimes I like to try non-local food when I'm travelling just to compare it to the same in my own country.

The listed dishes included Mongolian dumplings and nasi goreng; it serves beers and is friendly with reasonable prices.

Check it out and if it's still there, I hope you enjoy it.

9. Re: Asian Buffet / Mongolian grill restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2015, 05:15