We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City break - October

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
City break - October

Hi,

I am looking to book a short break at the beginning of October as a surprise for my other halfs 30th birthday.

I'm looking for some advice on the best area to stay with regards to being easy access to metro or bus for the airport and also to the sights?

Can anyone give me an idea of what the weather is like early October?

Is the Bernebau stadium and the Zoo worth a visit?

Thanks

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,006 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City break - October

For your stay

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c112916/Madri…

Transport options are very good and are mentioned in detail on the right.

The weather should be pleasantly warm with little rain. But weather patterns are changing everywhere. Lots of sites in GOOGLE giving historical data.

The Bernebau stadium would seem to be worth visiting for football fans. I would miss the ZOO in view of your short visit. Most of the Tourist sites and museums are generally walkable.

There is a lot of information on the right of this page and you should use a Computer if you are using a smart phone. Please post more questions as they arise and the nice people manning this forum will certainly oblige.

St.Julians-Malta
Level Contributor
816 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City break - October

Emma for all the same reasons of yours after lot of searchings I have optted and booked a hotel In Gran Via Area

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City break - October

If you're a soccer fan, the Estadio Bernabeu is worth a stop although it is outside the historic center. Go to the questions on right hand side of this page...Question is under "Sights" and the question is: How can I make a tour to Santiago Bernabeu Stadium? Useful links are posted.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
58,365 posts
3,578 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City break - October

emma:

Downtown is the Gran Via, with many hotels and stores there. You can screen hotels using Venere.com for that area. Many sights will be walkable from that area.

I would skip the zoo because there are many more interesting sights than that.

5. Re: City break - October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:16