We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Topic
Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

Hi, What's Mardrids equivalent of Saks or Neiman Marcus department store that carries high end brands cosmetics like Chanel, Lancome, Sheseido, etc. as well as designer shoes and women's wear?

Thanks.

Edited: 03 April 2014, 01:23
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,289 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

carmim:

The El Corte Ingles is a department store that you can find in many areas of Madrid and they carry many designer goods.

For locations:

elcorteingles.es/centroscomerciales/…

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,437 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

Head to El Corte Inglés, Castellana Store:

globalblue.com/destinations/…article

More info:

castellanastore.elcorteingles.es/?lang=en

elcorteingles.es/centroscomerciales/…

surrey, england
Level Contributor
4,618 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

There is really no equivalence of saks, neiman marcus department stores in spain with the exception of maybe el corte ingles. There are many, many retail stores selling only their specialties, like shoe store, perfume shop, clothing store, etc.

You might want to go to the salamanca district for high end brand name products.

For your information, spain has the reputation of having the highest quality leather products like shoes, handbags and other leather goods. Many of these shops are concentrated in the chueca district off gran via where the gay community in madrid is located. There are also many high end dress shops by spanish designers in the area.

Edited: 04 April 2014, 01:12
Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
878 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

And, of course there is the Spanish equivalent of Zara.......which is, of course, Zara.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
25 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

Loved it !!!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,289 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

carmim:

For designer gowns, go to Calle Serrano (Madrid's Fifth Avenue) and Ortega y Gassett.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
97 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

Benny Revulgo PTgita and all.

Thanks for response. I've been to spain before and shopped at El Corte Ingles though didn't have the time to look for designer stuff.

I asked about saks or neiman marcus equivalent because all the high-end stuff are under 1 roof and if I'm looking for a Dior cosmetic or whatever, I'll be able to find it there without jumping from store to store looking for things.

Benny,Malaga I'll keep your "designer gowns" tip in mind the next time I'm invited to the Film academy awards. (LOL). Kidding aside, I appreciate all your info re Spain. MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
55,289 posts
3,494 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

carmin:

El Corte Ingles is still giving foreign tourists the 10% discount. You need to go to the service desk and present a photoid to pick up the discount coupon. The coupon can be used for clothing and shoes.

9. Re: Madrid's equivalent of Saks, Neiman Marcus (Designer Brands)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 April 2015, 06:16