We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do in Madrid in one day?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
What to do in Madrid in one day?

Hi,

I have a few questions here. I'll be flying into Madrid at 7pm on Tuesday April 29th. I plan on taking the bus to my hotel, there seems to be just one bus #203 needed (according to google maps). Then plan on taking the train to Castello on Thursday May 1st. And I don't speak Spanish. I don't have much time to research Madrid, so I'm asking here.

1. Is it safe for a girl traveling alone to take the public transportation at night? I'm an obvious tourist, I'll have my luggage with me.

2. My hotel is near the Seville metro. Any suggestions on where to eat? Specific restaurants would be nice.

3. I plan on doing a bike tour to see the city . Good idea? Any better ideas?

4. I read that May 1st is a holiday. Is that going to effect train schedules to Castello?

Thank you so much.

tours X madrid
Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, City Tours
Servicon
Bus Transportation, Taxis & Shuttles
Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,524 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do in Madrid in one day?

Eaton:

Where is Castello? This is new to me and I cannot find it on Google.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,841 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do in Madrid in one day?

There are three trains from Madrid to Castelló on May 1st: 9.10, 11.40 and 19.30

www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,524 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What to do in Madrid in one day?

Eaton:

There is a train to Castellon de la Plana.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
452 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What to do in Madrid in one day?

Madrid is very safe so you should not worry. For one day I'd definitely go to the Prado for part of it. And perhaps enjoy the Retiro if it's nice out as well.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What to do in Madrid in one day?

Hi Benny,

I'm meeting up with my sister in Castello, she's there for work. Until her company books her hotel and gives me the exact address I'm going to assume this is the Castello or Castellon that she'll be located it.

tripadvisor.com/…19585279

I'm crossing my fingers that she's not located far from the train station.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What to do in Madrid in one day?

Thanks for looking into this for me.

I also found a "Top restaurants in Madrid" that lists various restaurants at various prices.

7. Re: What to do in Madrid in one day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2015, 05:17