We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid & Valencia Trip

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Madrid & Valencia Trip

Hi ... We are planning of going to Madrid and Valencia in early October. What is the best transportation to go Valencia on return trip? We are planning to stay 2 nights in Madrid and 3 nights in Valencia. Do you think we need more time in Madrid or in Valencia? Is there any hop on-off tourist bus in Madrid city centre? many thanks - noreen

surrey, england
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid & Valencia Trip

the cheapest and faster train from madrid to valencia on renfe ave train is the best way to go. duration of fastest train is 1 hour and 38 minutes. i just did a sample booking for the 09/10/2014 and return to madrid 12/10, there is a promotion on these trips. the promo price is 43.40 euros return/passenger.

if you are sure of your dates, i would suggest you buy your tickets now before it get more expensive or the promotions are withdrawn.

you will need more time in madrid. it will take more than 3days/2nights to enjoy madrid. again this depends on what you want to do in madrid.

i have no experience with staying longer period in valencia and am unable to give you any advice. i am sure there are many members in this forum who can better advise you.

yes, as in any other big cities, there are hoho buses in in madrid. you can buy a 1 day or 2 day pass which cost 17.52 euros or 20.85 euros for adult. different prices for children , age 0-6 free; age 7-15, 8.34 euros for 1 day or 10.84 for 2 day.

Edited: 16 April 2014, 12:02
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,826 posts
3,571 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid & Valencia Trip

Noreen:

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

There is much more to see in Madrid than Valencia, so you need more time in Madrid.

Also from Madrid you can easily do day trip to Toledo and Segovia. Read about these day trips in the top questions of this forum.

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid & Valencia Trip

thank you ptgita & bennymalaga for your response ... do you think i should stay 3 or 4 nites in madrid to cover toledo and segovia and do 2/3 nites in valencia? i still haven't finalised with my itinerary yet as i am trying to put together all the places that we need to cover ... do you know how to go to Las Rozas village?

many thanks - noreen

surrey, england
Level Contributor
4,947 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madrid & Valencia Trip

noreen t,

i see you want to go shopping at las rozas village designer shopping outlet. village, opening hours 7 days a week from 10.00 to 21.00 hours, with saturday until 22.00 hours. in the summer time with closing of 22.00 hours. Local suburban buses (line number 625, 628 and 629) depart from Moncloa in Madrid to Las Rozas Village every 20 minutes and takes approximately 40 minutes travel. Additional Details : For schedules and fare information visit www.ctm-madrid . s .

to get to moncloa take the line 3 metro from puerta del sol or callao to the end of line, intercambiador de moncloa.

you can also take a cercanias to el pinar de las rozas, but it is 3 km to the village. i would not recommend it.

madrid is a big city. if you have the time i would suggestion at least 5 days with one daytrip to segovia and another daytrip to toledo, this will give you 3 full day to enjoy madrid. and 2-3 nights in valencia.

London, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Madrid & Valencia Trip

thanks again ptgita for the tips

6. Re: Madrid & Valencia Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2015, 05:15