We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

RENFE to Toledo

Mills River, North...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
RENFE to Toledo

I see that there are no discount (Promo) fares for Madrid/Toledo - even for 62 day advance purchase. Correct?

Wondering if I can change my return ticket for an earlier train (assuming there is an available seat) at no additional charge.

Also, is there any discount for a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children)? I do not see any indication of this.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: RENFE to Toledo

i am quoting you from the renfe website:

Tickets for both outward and return can be changed independently without cost provided they maintain the origins and destinations within its validity period.

For the price difference of the new ticket, the customer must pay the amount.

Apply the discounts established by current legislation Large Families, they must prove their travelers beneficiary status through official certificates issued by the competent authority .

there are no discount fares available. exception is if you have the various cards issued by renfe or the government in terms of the family discount. however your return ticket did entitled you to a 20% discount.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
451 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: RENFE to Toledo

A family of 4 is not considered a "large" family so sadly no discount. Since that's also a commuter line there is not generally a discount even 62 days out. It's usually around 20€ round trip/person. I've never purchased these tickets in advance and never had any trouble getting tickets on the trains I want (family of 3 and often with a visitor or two with us as we were living in Madrid at the time so roughly needed between 3 and 6 tickets). We always bought either on the day or the day before. We never had trains sold out nor were unable to get exactly the times we wanted. I do understand this has not been other people's experience but on the 1/2 dozen times we've been to Toledo that has been mine.

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
65,716 posts
3,733 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: RENFE to Toledo

Gerry:

At the Toledo Train Station, go to the ticket window and ask if you can change your tickets for an earlier train. I have been able to do this at other stations without paying anything.

4. Re: RENFE to Toledo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 May 2015, 06:16