We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen do activities - aged early 30's

Swindon
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hen do activities - aged early 30's

Hi,

There are 6 of us heading out to Madrid for the weekend on 9th May for my friend's hen do. We are all early 30's so looking for activities of a reasonably civilised manner. Does anyone have any recommendations of bars, restaurants and day time activities?

We have heard the roof top bar at the Reina Victoria is a good place to go and we have a spa session booked at the Eurostars Madrid Tower. Someone also mentioned a cable car across the city might be worth it too?

Any recommendations would be very gratefully received!!

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,629 posts
453 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

There is a Telferico/Cable Car which goes to the Casa de Campo which is a nice ride out to the park. More information here: www.esmadrid.com/en/portal.do… I also like Parque El Capricho but it's a bit far from the city center (www.esmadrid.com/en/portal.do?TR=C&IDR=877). Given the time of year and the company you might all quite enjoy a trip to Aranjuez for the strawberry festival which looks as if it's just beginning that weekend: http://www.esmadrid.com/en/strawberry-train. I'd probably pop over to the Mercado San Miguel for some bites to eat at some point during the day. It's a lovely place to browse. I'd hit Bellas Artes' roof top restaurant as well for a bite.

Swindon
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

That all sounds amazing, I will definitely look into them all! Thank you so much for your recommendations and for the links! :)

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

Book a b-bike:

http://www.bbike.es/pics/

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

sam:

You may want to go shopping at Calle Serrano. Restaurante Jose Luis at Calle Serrano, 89, is a very good restaurant famous for its tapas. Across the restaurant is the Lazaro Galdiano Museum, a very good museum that is quiet and gets few visitors, but has excellent collections.

Swindon
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

ha ha, I'm not sure a beer bike would be our kind of thing - not in heels anyway! ;) Maybe if they did a wine bike!!! ha ha!

Swindon
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

Ooh shopping recommendations are always good! And the Tapas restaurant sounds great! Thanks!

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,733 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

Too bad, there is not a wine bike…yet. Anyway, if you like wine here's some suggestions:

Have a vermut de grifo (vermouth on tap). Madridians love the vermouth on tap while having tapas. I strongly recommend you try it:

whattodoinmadrid.com/blog/…

The same for a REAL Sherry wine. You can get started at the Mercado de San Miguel:

http://www.sherrywinetaste.com/

What about sampling some wines of Spain washed down with a 'tosta' (slice of bread topped with food)? Head to Taberna Tempranillo on Cava Baja 38 (La Latina neighborhood):

…wordpress.com/2013/06/p1020329.jpg

What about pairing wine and great cheeses? Poncelet Cheese Bar is specialized on this. Address: Calle José Abascal 61. Closest Metro stop: Gregorio Marañón.

http://www.ponceletcheesebar.es/

An unmissable experience: to do a tapas tour; doing it ON YOUR OWN is half of the fun. Here's a link to some self-guided tapas tours. Enjoy!

http://goo.gl/maps/weziE

By the way, José Luis is not currently renowned for its tapas.

Something for shopping: head to Fuencarral St, Augusto Figueroa St. and surrounding area (Chueca neighborhood).

fashionfromspain.com/icex/…00.html

O Savinao, Galicia
Destination Expert
for Galicia
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

Wine bike,?just like the beer bike? No thanks

beerbikespain.com/central-de-reservas/…

I see one is in Málaga. I thought this was a Spanish city.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
61,270 posts
3,655 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

sam:

Embassy (Paseo de la Castellana, 12) is an elegant restaurant and high society people go there for merienda (5 pm). They also have tapas.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Costa del Sol
Level Contributor
5,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hen do activities - aged early 30's

You can also see a beer bike in Abacete which is a far from a touristy spot as a place can be, why you single out Malaga?

I have never seen a beer bike in Málaga, to be honest.