We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toledo to Barajas

Lake Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Toledo to Barajas

Four of us have a 10:00am flight to Lisbon on Easy Jet. Can we take a train directly from Toledo or transfer to the Metro?

Mentioned in this post
Toledo
Toledo
Province of Toledo, Spain
surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toledo to Barajas

Are you talking about the 09.55 flight from madrid to lisbon and you are coming from toledo to take the flight from madrid barajas airport. I am sorry you did not explain clearly in your post.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toledo to Barajas

I just looked on the RENFE website and it looks like the first train to Madrid from Toledo isn't until 9:50 or so. If that is true then you will have to search other alternatives like the bus or taxi. ALSA has busses beginning at 6 am.

Mentioned in this post
Madrid
Madrid
Community of Madrid, Spain
Toledo
Toledo
ALSA
ALSA
230 Reviews
Madrid, Spain
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
22,238 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toledo to Barajas

Been. Are we talking Sundays or weekdays?

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toledo to Barajas

Excellent point#3. I just used the date that showed up on the website and it happened to be a Saturday. If we are talking a weekday the first train is 6:55 which gets you to Atocha at 7:30. Figure an hour max for the Exprés bus and you should be able to make it. Se Dios quiere.

Lake Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toledo to Barajas

It is a Friday flight and it is the 9:55 time. You guys are great

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toledo to Barajas

First train toledo-madrid atocha on friday 09/05/2014 at 06.25; next train at 06.50. Travel time-33 minutes.

Atocha-madrid barajas in the cercanias, first train at 05.15, followed by 06.15, 06.45, 07.15, 07.45. Trip time-25 minutes.

To be at the check-in by 07.55, you need to take the 07.15 to the airport. If you have done the on-line check-in with easyjet, you can even take the next cercanias at 07.45.

Albuquerque, NM
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toledo to Barajas

If you take the Cercanía you then need to take a free bus from T4 to T1. The Exprés bus stops at T1 first. I believe the bus is slightly more expensive but runs every 20 minutes versus every 30 minutes for the train. You catch it upstairs under the rotunda. I don't think the Cercanía is included in the fare from Toledo since it is an Avant, not a an AVE or ALVIA but you should check that. If there is a "CombinadoCercanis" code on the ticket it is free and you just enter that code in the automated ticket machines for a free Cercanía ticket.

Mentioned in this post
Toledo
Toledo
Lake Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
21 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toledo to Barajas

Outstanding advice. Thank you both

9. Re: Toledo to Barajas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 May 2015, 05:18