We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandeman's Tapas Tour in Madrid on 7th May

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Sandeman's Tapas Tour in Madrid on 7th May

Just wondering whether anybody is interested in a Free, yes, FREE Tapas tour by Sandeman's on 7th May.

I was trying to book the tour on 10th May but, for some reason, the website seemed unstable, so after all the payments were made, the ticket that came out was for 7th May.

Since we will not be in Madrid until the 10th May, I checked immediately with Sandeman's who confirmed (only a week later) that they will neither do an exchange nor a refund. They suggested instead that they would give us a 50% discount on our next tour. So I said no thanks! How would I know if for the next tour, something like that happens again! I have done so many bookings for so many things over the years and this is the first time it has happened. Once bitten, twice shy. I will never book a tour with Sandeman's again. Not ever!

Anyway, to get to the point of this post, would anybody like to have 2 Tapas tickets for free. I figure it is better to let a traveller rather than Sandeman's get the benefit of this mistake.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandeman's Tapas Tour in Madrid on 7th May

imho, i would never booked a tapas tour ahead of time. there are many, many tapas bars recommended by our resident madrileno revulgo who has compiled several tapas bar tours in different areas of madrid.

see his website at:

http://goo.gl/maps/weziE.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandeman's Tapas Tour in Madrid on 7th May

Yeah...my own fault, I guess. I hope others will read this and not make the same mistake.

Thanks. Will check out your link.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
96 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandeman's Tapas Tour in Madrid on 7th May

Hi ptgita,

Thanks for the link. I have now bookmarked it. Will probably do a self-tour. Looks simple enough as there are so many around our hotel.

London, England
Level Contributor
8,450 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandeman's Tapas Tour in Madrid on 7th May

I just never understand why anybody would pay to do a tapas tour. Surely the fun of it is to find a place that you like and just go in?

5. Re: Sandeman's Tapas Tour in Madrid on 7th May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17