We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atocha train station to Quo Puerta del Sol

Vancouver, British...
Level Contributor
381 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Atocha train station to Quo Puerta del Sol

Hi,

Anyone stayed at the Quo Puerta del Sol hotel lately? Please advise on how to get to hotel from Atocha train station. Which metro do we take and where do we get off? After we get off Metro how many blocks do we have to walk. We will be travelling light, one rolled luggage apiece. (2 adults) Or is it easier just to take a taxi to the hotel, we will not be jet lagged as we are coming from Malaga.

Thank you for any responses.

Mentioned in this post
Puerta del Sol
Puerta del Sol
8,805 Reviews
Madrid, Spain
Malaga
Malaga
Costa del Sol, Spain
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
9,278 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Atocha train station to Quo Puerta del Sol

We stayed at the Quo in late March. It's fine, but not my favorite location.

It's simpler, quicker and not that expensive to take a taxi to the hotel. If you opt for the metro, the closest station is Seville, 50 meters from the hotel.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
119 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Atocha train station to Quo Puerta del Sol

Caphill,

I stayed there in March, and really liked it. Personally, I thought the location was ideal. It's really close to all of the major sites in the old part of town. I would suggest taking a cab from Atocha (5 minutes from the hotel).

Have fun!

Madrid
Level Contributor
169 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atocha train station to Quo Puerta del Sol

i agree, take the cab. it should be no more than 6 euros but i know there is some sort of surcharge. by metro, you'd have to lug over to the metro station part of the train station, take the blue line 1 to sol, switch to the red line 2, and then take it one stop to sevilla. from there, i don't know the exact route, i just now it is by sevilla.

really that is alot of hassle when teh cab will be so cheap.

have fun!

4. Re: Atocha train station to Quo Puerta del Sol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 00:17