We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bars near my hotel

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
larne
Level Contributor
58 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
bars near my hotel

hi everybody

will be in Madrid first time 21 st to 25th may and was looking on the internet at 2 bars near my hotel.easy walk 1st night but does not really tell you much about them.just wondering if anybody had used them before they are very close to each other one is the covent garden and the other one is the hidden corner irish bar.just a couple of minutes from cuzco metro station. thanks for any help.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,832 posts
3,571 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: bars near my hotel

aud2:

Madrid has so many bars (at least 2 or 3 on each street) that no one can tell which you will like. Just take a short walk and see which one satisfies you.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: bars near my hotel

Benny's advice is correct that there are a multitude of bars all over Madrid. Do you mean bars, or tapas places? If you're just looking for a caña (beer) and a bite of tortilla, everyone will have that. If you're looking for more, check out the links to the right which includes info on a tapas crawl.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
18 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bars near my hotel

Please, try and not go to Irish bar, as Madrid is famous for its local bars and taverns. It would be a huge miss if you decide to go to Irish in Madrid. You can safely pop-in in any bar around your area and most likely will find good food and drink at very happy prices. If you are next to Covent Garden, you are in one of the most classical residential neighbourhoods of Madrid, which is full of local quality bars. For example Jose Luise is a good restaurant but it also has a bar where you can stop by for some quick beer and tapa. Try their coquetas of Boletus (mushroom). Or wonder to El Quenco de Pepa a bit further from Covent Garden. You won't regret it. Basically in the radius of 2 blocks between the streets Dr. Fleming and Padre Damian you should just "get lost" a bit and you will find tons of good places.

4. Re: bars near my hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 06:16