We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Trip Cancel and Interruption Insurance International?

Plano, Texas
Level Contributor
88 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Best Trip Cancel and Interruption Insurance International?

Traveling to Europe Spain, Portugal, France, etc with air miles, tours, hotels, trains, etc all with deposits and/or prepaid. What insurance is available to cover in case I need to cancel since I am a caregiver for a senior or need to interrupt my travel and return to USA for family medical reasons?

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,529 posts
433 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Trip Cancel and Interruption Insurance International?

We've used Travelex in the past as part of a package and actually it was a great thing we did as I ended up in the hospital with a double pulmonary embolism and deep vein thrombosis. We got all of our money back with the exception of what we paid for the insurance itself. That said, it was offered through the company we booked our hotel/airfare through so I don't know it's the best but they did the job. I believe AAA offers it as well to members. It might be worth comparing several to see what gets covered and how. I know ours was covered for hurricanes (Caribbean in August) and health but not all work that way.

2. Re: Best Trip Cancel and Interruption Insurance International?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 06:15