We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Madrid Metro- Ten journey ticket or Individual ones?

Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
198 reviews
Save Topic
Madrid Metro- Ten journey ticket or Individual ones?

I have read some of the information on some postings and I have consulted the Metro Website. However, it is still not clear to me whether the 10 journey ticket could be used within Zone A regardless of the number of stations traveled.

I will be in Madrid in the next few months, and I will need to travel between Atocha and Chamartin (9 stations, 4 journeys), and between Atocha and Moncloa (9 stations, 4 journeys). According with the metro map, these stations are all in zone A. I assume the 10 journey ticket could be used by two people, correct?

It will be nice to hear some recommendation on these, would be cheaper to get the 10 jouney ticket (12.20 euros), or perhaps individual single journey ones?.

Thanks for your help.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,662 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Madrid Metro- Ten journey ticket or Individual ones?

this info is from the madrid metro website.

The 10 ticket costs € 12.20 and is valid for 10 journeys from any metro stop to any other metro stop. It is valid only in metro stations that are in Zone A or ML1 (tram). It is also valid for use in urban EMT buses.

yes, you are correct as long as you use it within zone a which practically covers all of madrid city.

the 10 trip ticket can be used for 1 person making 10 trips or 10 person making 1 trip or any combination up to 10 trips. there is no expiry date.

yes, it is cheaper to buy a 10 trip ticket as regular single ticket costs 1.50 euros, so basically a 20% discount. you can buy them in any metro station.

Edited: 23 May 2014, 23:45
Midland, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,108 posts
198 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Madrid Metro- Ten journey ticket or Individual ones?

Thanks pitgita,

Obviously my basic assumptions were right and you have confirmed the details. Thanks again.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
18,469 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Madrid Metro- Ten journey ticket or Individual ones?

Isn't the regular single between 1.50 and 2.00 depending on the number of stops ? So the discount could be more ?

Edited: 24 May 2014, 19:45
surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,662 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Madrid Metro- Ten journey ticket or Individual ones?

yes, the discount could be more depending on how many more stops. but it will be at least 20%.

5. Re: Madrid Metro- Ten journey ticket or Individual ones?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2015, 05:16