We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

metro in Madrid

Columbia, Maryland
8 posts
Save Topic
metro in Madrid

Can I take the metro from Barajas to the Opera station? If not, please suggest how I can get there. Thank you. Janis

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,630 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: metro in Madrid

You can see your metro route using the travel planner on

http://www.metromadrid.es/en/index.html

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,182 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: metro in Madrid

yes, but you have to transfer twice to get to metro opera.

Line 8 to metro Colombia. Line 9 in the direction of Arganda del Rey to metro Principe de Vergar and Line 2 in the direction of Cuatro Caminos to metro Opera.

Edited: 26 May 2014, 15:01
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
18 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: metro in Madrid

Another option is to get at Plaza España (line 10) and take a brief walk up via Fomento street and turn left on Cuesta Santo Domingo which will take you straight to the Opera. This way it takes less time and you need to make only 1 transfer. That is of course if you don´t have heavy luggage.

Montreal
Level Contributor
871 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: metro in Madrid

when planning my trip I remember that the website linked to by cadiz_lover allowed me to choose options for the trip like fastest, least transfers, etc. Good tool.

Columbia, Maryland
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: metro in Madrid

THANK YOU. Would you suggest another way to get there? Bus? Shuttle service? My daughter and I will each have a suitcase and a carry-on.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: metro in Madrid

I think the easiest method, apart from a taxi all the way, would be to take the airport bus (€5) from Barajas to Atocha station and a taxi from there.

Alternatively, get off the bus at Plaza de la Cibeles, walk 2 mins up Calle de Alcala to the Banco de España metro stop, and continue to Opera on metro line 2.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
32,183 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: metro in Madrid

P.S. Don't know whether you know that taxi prices from the airport into the city are fixed? At €30 for this journey it might be a whole lot easier just to take a taxi all the way! Especially as for 2 of you, it would cost €10 for the bus to Atocha and possibly €20 for a taxi from there to Opera! But of course it would be cheaper if you take the metro instead.

Congleton, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: metro in Madrid

Taxi is €30 flat fee to city centre. See my post on Madridi Airport Taxi which explains more

9. Re: metro in Madrid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2015, 05:16