We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What number do I call to order "an official taxi" in Madrid?

Mechanicsburg...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What number do I call to order "an official taxi" in Madrid?

Hi,

I need to call a taxi at 4:30am and as silly as it sounds, can't determine from my google search what is the right taxi company to call.

I've read to stick to the white and red taxis. I want to make sure I call the right number as not to end up hiring a private company. When I do a google search on "call taxi madrid" I see lots of companies and different numbers and don't know if these are private companies different for the red/white taxi, and thus, my dilemma.

Thanks for the help!

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What number do I call to order "an official taxi" in Madrid?

where are you going or coming from? if you need a taxi to/from the airport from/to madrid city centre, there is a fixed flate rate of 30 euros.

all madrid taxis with the white and red stripe with the official seal of madrid city are official taxis. these taxis are privately owned but adhered to the rules and regulations of the madrid city council.

you should not have any problem to either hailing a taxi on the street or at a taxi rank. if you call a radio taxi, the metre starts running the moment the taxi driver picks up the call.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 21:14
Mechanicsburg...
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: What number do I call to order "an official taxi" in Madrid?

Sorry, forgot to say my location.

I'm staying on Paseo de las Acacias, very close to Puente de Toledo. Looking at the map, I'm inside the M30, but barely! :D

Thus, my concern is that not sure how frequent taxis go in that area at around 4am or so. I'm definitely not in the city center. That's why I thought I need to call a taxi.

By the way, how do I spot a taxi rank?

Edited: 29 May 2014, 21:25
surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What number do I call to order "an official taxi" in Madrid?

you are in the city of madrid metro zone a and more or less close to madrid central. you are close to metro acacias, i don't believe you should have any problem of getting a taxi. if you have problem, just walk towards the roundabout , turn right to calle de toledo which is a main road. there should be plenty of taxi.

There are also several taxi ranks around the city, indicated by a blue sign with a white letter ‘T’. At railway and bus stations and at the airport taxis must be taken from the corresponding ranks. Throughout the rest of the city they can easily be stopped in the street.

i will give you a contact number, i don't know whether this number is a radio taxi or not. if it is a radio taxi, you will be charged the moment the taxi driver pick up the call. this will be in addition to the fixed flat rate to the airport. 666 557 755.

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,794 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What number do I call to order "an official taxi" in Madrid?

Both are official taxis:

http://www.radiotelefono-taxi.com/

tele-taxi.es/index.php/…8-ask-a-taxi-by-phone

5. Re: What number do I call to order "an official taxi" in Madrid?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 06:17