We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departing from Barajas Terminal 4

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Departing from Barajas Terminal 4

I will be departing from T4S, but checking into T4 for my flight to the USA in July. I'd like to know the following:

1. If my flight leaves at 8:30 AM, and I arrive at 6:30 AM, should that be plenty of time to check in? I do not have any checked bags.

2. For returning my rental car from Sixt, is there anything in particular that I should be aware of when driving in from the Central Business District of Madrid?

3. Do you have to go through customs when departing the country as well?

4. If flying US Airways, can I check-in online as I do here in the states, and use the boarding pass in the app?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,339 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departing from Barajas Terminal 4

automatic check-in machines

The airport has self-service check-in machines that also print your boarding pass. They are located next to the check-in counters. The airlines offering this service at Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas airport are:

Terminal T1: Air Europa, Delta Airlines, Egyptair, Turkish Airways, US Airways.

Checking in online

Most airlines allow passengers to check in online on their website prior to travelling to the airport. You will receive your boarding pass when checking in, allowing you to proceed directly to the security checkpoints if you are only travelling with carry-on luggage.

Remember to print off all your travel documents (e-ticket, boarding pass, etc.). Please note that some airlines charge a fee to reissue boarding passes at the airport.

check with us airways the availability of this service at us airways, phone 901 117 073.

Mobile online check-in

not available.

The security checkpoints at Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport have specific access for passengers with a mobile boarding pass. The device must be passed through an automatic reader that will read the data codes sent by the airline.

you have to go through passport control if you are going to a non-schengen country and security checks, but not customs.

it is recommended that you arrive at the airport check-in 2-3 hours before your international flight. i don't know where in the airport you will be dropping off your car, i know there are counters in t1 and t4 for sixt. make sre you have provision for extra time to drop off your car.

2. Re: Departing from Barajas Terminal 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2015, 06:15