We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

flight times and terminals

fort worth
Level Contributor
208 posts
205 reviews
Save Topic
flight times and terminals

Hi,

I am arriving on 12/6/14 at 10:20 AM on American Airlines from the USA to Madrid.

I want to book a flight to Marrakesh which departs at 12:35 PM on 12/6/14/ the same day.

I would like to know fellow travelers if there is enough time to catch the Air Nostrum flight to Marrakesh Morocco or

should I consider maybe a nearby airport hotel?

Appreciate any thoughts,

Thanks,

Jeff Keller

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: flight times and terminals

It's a close connection but you probably can make it. Usually I like to try to have 3+ hours between just in case immigration takes a long time or there is a delay (December can be a time when there are serious delays). Other airlines to look at include Easy Jet and Ryanair. Both fly to Morocco as well.

fort worth
Level Contributor
208 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: flight times and terminals

I appreciate the post. Traveler like you I like to leave 2 + hours between flights.

I'm wondering if since I'm in transit would I have to go through customs/immigrations?

They are in the same terminal are they not; American Airlines- Terminal 4 and Air Nostrum- Terminal 4S?

Jeff

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,620 posts
450 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: flight times and terminals

You will have to go through immigration so even though they are the same terminal it can be a factor in making a flight. I've been through immigration in Madrid in 15 minutes and other times it's been 2 hours, there's never any way to tell. And American Airlines is the same as Iberia (they code share) so yes T4 but sometimes not.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,341 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: flight times and terminals

as mentioned by wombatt123 you may make it, but i am very hesitant to commit myself. many things can go wrong. you might might be delayed, immigration might takes longer. although i have never been in an immigration queue in Madrid for more tan 10 minutes. i am in Madrid right now and it took immigration less tan 5 minutes for me to get through.

5. Re: flight times and terminals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 06:17