We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

I'm going to purchase AVE ticket from Madrid to Barcelona for this December, however the webpage couldn't be loaded when I clicked on the shopping cart.

I experienced this yesterday and today, may I know how to solve this?

Malaga, Spain
Level Contributor
63,571 posts
3,726 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

sk s:

You are too early.

Read this:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

Hi, even I tried to click on the ticket for next week to see if it is working, unfortunately the webpage still unable to load.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,662 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

sk s,

you must have done something wrong. i have just done a test purchase for the entire next week from monday to sunday and i have no trouble in accessing the schedule with the price structure.

the cheapest second class ticket on the ave is the p which costs 40.55 euros or the tourst plus p ticket which costs 38.4 euros.

it is way, way too early to book ticket for december.

Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

Hi, I can access the schedule and price structure (link below), but when I click on the shopping cart icon and try to purchase, the website couldn't be loaded.

www.renfe.com/EN/viajeros/horarios.html

I have no idea what goes wrong..

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
57 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

It is too early to purchase renfe ticket trains for this winter.

Usually tickets are available at renfe.com only three months in advance.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,662 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

I tried to do as you mentioned and was unable to go further as the purchase of tickets online is full and renfe is unable to cope. I can only suggest you keep trying. Also it will be a lot easier if you register with renfe.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

The advantage of registering with RENFE is that your info will be saved from one sales attempt to another...a definite advantage IMO. Ptgita's idea on this is sound.

Edited: 02 July 2014, 13:26
B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
886 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

I am also having some difficulty. I am going to book a ticket from Barcelona to Madrid on Oct 8. It is a bit soon but wanted to get an idea of rates on Renfe site. No dates worked!!!! I went on rail Europe site and they have a 2nd class ticket for 37.75 eur? I think that sounds like a good rate but what is 2nd class? I am worried about waiting for Renfe and been able to book????

B.C. Canada
Level Contributor
886 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

I finally got on the Renfe site and the promo price are now available for my dates even though it is over 62 days ahead. The price is the same as rail Europe.

Seattle, Washington
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
2,843 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: AVE online ticket Madrid to Barcelona

Follow the guide linked above from BennyMalaga carefully (also see article list to the right). I used it last time I booked the AVE. Just out of curiosity what browser are you using?

-K

Edited: 25 July 2014, 03:48