We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spain trip

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
34 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Spain trip

Itinerary Spain

We are planning on spending 3 weeks in Spain and 1 or 2 days in Morroco starting September 10 in Madrid..

We are thinking of about 5 or 6 days in Madrid and maybe 5 or 6 in Barcelona, with day trips from both.

What day trips are suggested from both cities and what other cities are suggested for an overall itinerary?

We will travel by public transportation mainly trains and bus.

We like big cities, historic places and any very interesting and picturesque places, as well as old cities.

Any suggestions for our itinerary appreciated.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,060 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Spain trip

day trips from barcelona to include at least toledo, segovia. but also maybe an extra day in madrid and cut back 1 day from barcelona.

places i would recommend are, a couple of the pueblos blancos like ronda, sevilla, cordoba, granada.

then i would consider going into morocco from sevilla.will you be coming back to madrid or barcelona to go home?

i would suggest you use the trains in most of your trips .renfe trains are clean, inexpensive, fast, reliable and very comfortable. most of the cities can be reached from madrid in 2 hours. 30 minutes to 3 hours.

bennymalaga will be able to give you better advice as he is a long time resident of andalucia.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Spain trip

I think ptgita meant daytrips from Madrid are usually Toledo, Segovia (maybe Avila or El Escorial). He gives quite a bit of himself so he might be run thin. I completely agree that Cordoba, Granada and Seville are great to get to as well as the Pueblos Blancos: Ronda which is the most famous one and Arcos de la Frontera which is my personal favorite. And I also concur that the AVE is the only way to travel if you can because it's so easy and so quick. Benny has great tips as well (and do check out the links to the right as he's written a good many of them).

From Barcelona many people go to Zaragosa and to Taragona. Belsaita is a great one to check with on that.

I think you have a terrific trip ahead of you! We spent some time in Fez and absolutely loved it! Can't wait to go back!

surrey, england
Level Contributor
5,060 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spain trip

thanks wombat123

sorry mea culpa, i mean day trips from madrid.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 16:43
Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,480 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spain trip

Happens to the best of us! Especially in the heat of summer!

5. Re: Spain trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 23:05
6. Re: Spain trip

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 23:05
Edited: 03 July 2014, 23:05
Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
57,578 posts
3,576 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spain trip

lee:

For train travel:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

The day trips from Madrid that I recommend are Toledo, Segovia and El Escorial. Read the top questions on the right panel for these day trips.

8. Re: Spain trip

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 July 2015, 06:17