We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid Sim Card

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Prepaid Sim Card

Hi! Just arrived to MAdrid and upon arrival at airport I was offered an intenational pre paid SImm from the company Exactta. They claim no roaming charges and unlimited data and no expiration. To buy the card costs 15 euro. but to load for calls is 150euro minimum. this is good as a global sim calling all over the world. Has anyone used this company. Is it worth it ? or better to just buy a local prepaid sim in spain and allow roaming when calling other european countries as well as data usage.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

This company seems a bit sketchy and definitely overpriced. How many countries are you visiting? You don't need a "universal SIM" if you're only staying in Spain. And if you're traveling elsewhere, it will be cheaper to get a SIM in each country.

Just do a search for Exactta in the Europe forums and you'll find that many people have had problems and/or regret having done business with them.

www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums…

If you plan on making a lot of international calls, look into getting a Lebara SIM.

Edited: 07 July 2014, 21:12
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,323 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

Sorry, that search only yields three results, but i've read more threads Exactta. I'm not sure why they don't show up.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,463 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

That seems crazy! I'd go with one of the brands in Spain like Vodafone, Movistar or Orange. You'll pay much less.

surrey, england
Level Contributor
4,926 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

stay away from exactta, there was a previous thread a week or so ago having problems with exactta. i would suggest you wait until you get to madrid central and go to el corte ingles or one of the mainstream sim card providers to buy your sim card.

Spain
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

hope you had a pleasant trip. Avoid Exactta. It is clearly a scam. Many have already fallen victim.

links below reports incidents from Airports in Madrid and Rome:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k71324…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187514-i126-k7580…

Edited: 05 October 2014, 17:29
6. Re: Prepaid Sim Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2015, 05:15