We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fútbol in September?

Level Contributor
75 posts
156 reviews
Save Topic
Fútbol in September?

Hello,

Pardon my ignorance on the subject but I cannot find the info I'm looking for online. I will be in Madrid from September 10-16th. Does Real Madrid play at home during this time? Or are there any professional fútbol games being played during this time at all?

Yaebi
Room Escape Games
NEXT LEVEL Arcade BAR
Bars & Clubs, Game & Entertainment Centres
Newcastle UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fútbol in September?

I'm in Madrid roughly during the same period and looking to take a match in at either Real or Atletico. I don't think the fixtures are out until late July for league matches but I'm hoping that one of them are at home on either 13th or 14th September. There's a possibility as well, depending on the Champions League draw, that one of them could be playing at home on 16th but we'll have to wait till late August for the group stages to be drawn.

The question after that is how difficult is it for a casual supporter just to get tickets (for either club but I lean to Atleti) on the day?

Winter Park...
Level Contributor
540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fútbol in September?

on the monday preceeding the game, tickets will go on sale via ticketmaster.es.

as long as it is not a huge clasico or derby, you should have no issue getting tickets.

supposedly the la liga fixtures are set to come out July 26, although nothing is set in stone at this point.

3. Re: Fútbol in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 11:10
Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
83 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fútbol in September?

Hello,

All the information about the matches will appear here (still not updated):www.realmadrid.com/en/football/schedule

Have a fun trip :)

Newcastle UK
Level Contributor
38 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fútbol in September?

So Real v Atletico on 14th September. I'm guessing it's liable to be changed for TV coverage and because there'll be Champions League fixtures the following week? Either way presumably tickets will be very hard to come by?

Where's the best bars to go to if we just watched it on tv? We'd be looking for a bar favoured by the Atleti fans.

Thanks

6. Re: Fútbol in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 05:15