We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

I am planning a trip for late August and have narrowed it down to these two options. Price point on both is pretty close. Adriano is cheaper but the price point on Europa is not a deal breaker.

I have stayed at Europa so I know where it is and what I am getting. Adriano looks cuter in the photos, but .... I like the fact that Adriano has a mini fridge too (I am one of those people who wants a soft drink first thing in the AM, no coffee for me!)

Background, single female in her 50s with a lot of travel experience. Years ago I studied Spanish and can muddle by :)

Any thoughts are welcome.

Also, to tag onto this. Any solo women my age ever done any of the tapas tours? I was thinking about signing up for one just to get my bearings.

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
60,080 posts
3,606 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

Carol:

Hotel Europa is ranked No. 30 in TA, while Hostal Adriano is ranked No. 120. When in doubt I always look up the ranking.

Level Contributor
521 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

We stayed at the Hotel Europa for five nights in May/June. Can't say enough wonderful things about the hotel. The staff were great and seemed to have a good handle on things in general. I would be very comfortable staying there as a single female. The attached excellent restaurant is a bonus. Location.location, not to mention the views.

https:/…set-72157645282848276

https:/…set-72157645282848276

https:/…

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

There is no doubt which is quieter and closer to the museums if they are a special interest of yours. Hotel Adriano. We have stayed at Hostal Adriano. The owners are esp. nice for those who don't speak Spanish. We do. However, if you like to be in the center of things....Hotel Europa offers you that, for sure. Looks of people watching outside your window if you get the room pictured by NE trekker. The decor of each seems similar sort of classic Spanish.

Late August, do they both have A/C? That would be one concern.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

Thanks. Both do have AC. That ruled out a couple of other options

As for TA rankings. That seems to be based on mythical calculations. I do read the reviews and both of these seem fine.

Right now I am leaning towards Adriano but....

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

I booked the Europa. Decided since this was a short trip staying where I knew my way around was best. Plus they had a great rate for late August :).

Edited: 29 July 2014, 22:39
Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
8,115 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

Carol...TA rankings are mythical calculations? You got that right. And populality counts so if a reallyfine hotel, it might not have as many guests due to price, etc, and the lower priced hotel gets decent reviews so it's on top. Also, if you stay at an expensive hotel, your expectations are higher and guests may evaluate more critically.

atlanta
Level Contributor
4,251 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

The thing about the TA rankings is that it can show 3 hotels in the same price range with the same ranking. But one is ranked 10th, one is ranked 20th and one 30th.

Not real clear why they wind up that way. So I work more off reviews and photos.

8. Re: Hotel Europa or Hostal Adriano?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 August 2015, 05:15