We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Topic
14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

I'd like to have 14 days trip from US to Spain. We mostly like see typical spanish cultural and natural and enjoy foods (tapas). We plan to fly in and out at Madrid and stay at 4 ~ 6 cities. Trip may start at Sept. 24. Any advice?

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
55,131 posts
3,468 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

xman:

The best means of transportation in Spain is the train.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187514-c80518/Madrid…

My suggestion:

1. Madrid - 4 days - Downtown Madrid is the Gran Via, which has many hotels, restaurants and stores. You can use expedia.com to screen hotels in this area. An upscale barrio is Salamanca Barrio, where there is more security, and more elegant stores at Calle Serrano (the Fifth Avenue of Madrid). Use expedia.com to screen hotels in this area. Do not stay at an airport hotel because there is nothing to see there than other airport hotels.

It is suggested to stay in Madrid for at least 4 days. Do one day trip to Toledo and another to Segovia and if you have time another to El Escorial. Read about these day trips in the top questions of the Madrid forum.

2. Take the AVE to Cordoba and stay one day.

3. Take the train to Granada and stay 2 days. Read Buying Alhambra Tickets Online and BOOK EARLY.

4. Take the train to Seville and stay 3 days. A good hotel is the Hotel Becquer.

5. Fly Vueling to Barcelona and stay 4 days.

Downtown Barcelona is the Plaza de Catalunya. A good place to stay is the Eixample, the modern barrio of the city built in the 19th and 20th centuries, with a square grid of streets. This includes modernist buildings built by Gaudi like the Sagrada Familia Basilica, Casa Mila and Casa Batllo. There are other notable modernist buildings here by other famous architects. The Paseo de Gracia is the most elegant avenue, with upscale stores. Use expedia.com to screen hotels in the area, a very good area to stay in.

Read the top questions in the Barcelona forum about the Sagrada Familia Basilica, Park Guell, and the Palau de la Musica Catalana because these sites need prebooking. A day trip to Montserrat is suggested.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,008 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

We've done the Andalucian cities and environs, and if you haven't done them you must. This year we are heading East from Madrid and taking in Valencia, Xavea the coast and various Paradors on our route back to Madrid. Doing it by car though. Enjoy!

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

Thanks. We will take more time around Andalucian cities.

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

Thanks a lot.

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Berlin
Level Contributor
19,061 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

Benny's suggestion sounds great!

You will eat very well in Spain but don't restrict yourselves just to tapas! To get an idea of what Spaniards eat most typically, the set-price menu del día at lunchtimes (from 1pm) is the best way

Hermosa Beach...
Level Contributor
2,665 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

Do you have any particular interests? Spain is very large and diverse so it's difficult to provide good guidance without understanding your individual needs unless you just want the "highlights" that most guidebooks would designate.

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

Thank you very much for your help. Based on your suggestion, I have booked my trip from 9/25 to 10/10.

Can you please recommend some natural scene on the route and local cultural events in those cities?

Los Angeles...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

As I mentioned in my reply to Benny, I'm more interested in local culture, people's life, and natural scenery. In addition to the above, I'm also interested in spanish food. Besides tapas, what other specialty dishes and resturants do you recommed in these five cities,Barcelona, Madrid, Seville, Granada, and Cordoba? As for as where to stay, which areas are recommended in those cities for convenience and safety. Any place can you recommend? Any information will be highly appreciated.

9. Re: 14 days trip in Spain, stay in 4 ~ 6 cities.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:15