We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Palace Advance Tickets

Which Madrid hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Royal Palace Advance Tickets

I've searched the forums about getting advanced tickets, and they seem to say that it's not possible. But I looked on the Royal Palace website, and it appears you can https:/…2014-08-25 .

Am I missing something? Has anyone done this? I'm wondering if buying tickets this way allows you to skip all lines like the Madrid Card would.

Thanks!

Malaga, Spain
Destination Expert
for Malaga, Andalucia, Madrid, Zaragoza, Valencia, Seville
Level Contributor
56,783 posts
3,570 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Royal Palace Advance Tickets

kronie:

I go frequently to the Palacio Real and never buy a ticket online. I just go about 9:45 am and the line is never long.

Madison, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
8,111 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Royal Palace Advance Tickets

When I've taken students, I have called the Palacio ticket office, and they have been very accommodating, but I don't know how your Spanish is..Perhaps they now have more employees who speak English, but frankly I don't think it's worth the hassle unless you're dealing in numbers. Benny's take on this is very accurate.

Charlottesville...
Destination Expert
for Madrid
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
425 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Royal Palace Advance Tickets

I think everyone is selling tickets online these days but there really ins't any need. Even when the lines are long during the free hours we've never waited more than 10-15 minutes.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Royal Palace Advance Tickets

Ok, thanks, all! Yeah, I'm not sure we'd be there right at opening, and I'll be about 6 months pregnant when we're there, so waiting on a really long line (anywhere) doesn't seem too appealing :)

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent, Solo Travel
Level Contributor
12,224 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Royal Palace Advance Tickets

I've just come back from Madrid, and went to the Royal Palace on Sunday afternoon. There was no queue at all. There is a park directly opposite the entrance, so if there is a queue when you arrive, you could just take a seat in the shade and get someone from your party to go and buy the tickets.

london
Level Contributor
172 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Royal Palace Advance Tickets

I think when I was there a few years back entry to the Palace was free for EU members on a Monday , is that still the case ?

7. Re: Royal Palace Advance Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:15