We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay near Murcia airport

Which Murcia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
darlington
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay near Murcia airport

Hi , we fly to the airport on the 18th April for 3 nights and would like to know which city to stay in nearby , we would like somewhere that has traditional spanish bars etc with decent nightlife but would also like to be near a range of fashion shops for the wife to spend all my money . Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

Murcia would be the nearest large town - about 20 mins from the airport - quite Spanish with plenty of Spanish bars and restaurants. Also a reasonable selection of shops.

darlington
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

Thanks very much for that , it looked to be favourite but your never sure , is La Manga the area because I have heard it mentioned but can,t see it on a map.

London
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

Nearest city is Cartagena which is about 20 minutes from Murcia airport. Murcia City is in fact about 35-40 minutes drive. Torrevieja is about 30 minutes. They all have new shopping centres, traditional spanish bars and nightlife so should keep your wife happy!

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

La Manga is quite a bit further south.

darlington
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

Thanks again , much appreciated.

erskine
Level Contributor
20 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

www.roda.250x.com is an excellent place to stay ;-)

Madrid, Spain
Level Contributor
7,482 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

I'd choose LO PAGAN, close to Murcia-San Javier airport (only five kilometers). Lo Pagan is a lively village with bars, restaurants, shops and beaches.

There are tapas bars too. Try "magro con tomate".

salamanderguesthouse.com/SurroundingArea.aspx

Bromley Kent
Level Contributor
824 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

Hi

We have a place in Lo Pagan and have visited both in and out of season. It is not so lively outside of the main summer - and so has quite a different feel to that in summer when the sea front and harbour has a great buzz.

There are quite a few shops there - particularly in the more commercial/residential part of San Pedro del Pinatar, and the Dos Mares Shopping Mall is a short hop (car) to San Javier.

If I was going for a "city break" I would head for Cartagena or Murcia. Cartagena is an old walled city and a port - if you like to be near the water.

Murcia is half an hour or so inland and has some lovely squares and architecture.

Both these cities have big shopping malls just outside and also little lanes and streets to explore and both benefit from the large dept store "El Cortes Ingles" (a bit like John Lewis!)

darlington
Level Contributor
38 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

Thanks for all your replies , my wife in her wisdom has booked Playa Honda which looks a little quiet for my liking , see our last post . Thanks again

10. Re: Where to stay near Murcia airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 12:18