We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El valle VS La Manga Club

Dublin-Ireland
Level Contributor
138 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
El valle VS La Manga Club

Hi there.

trying somewhere new this year having seen portugal ,france ,italy and portugal over the last few years.

This area of spain is brand new for us ,a family of five with three kids aged 18 ,16, and 12.

La manga club tempted us but prices for pooled villas in high season seemed a bit on the excess.

we are thinking of staying on the el valle golf resort for first week and then moving into la manga club for the second.

firstly anyone know el valle? WE SEEMED TO GET A NICE VILLA with pool for about 60% of something not as nice in la manga club.

however nothing booked as yet .

we will have a rental car so will travel in evening for meals etc and some life.

two of us golf ,others like pool and towns.

any help would be greatly appreciated

is there much to do ...would we be better forking extra out and spending two weeks in la maga club given its facilities?

or does anyone know a good contact for better value in either location ..

kind regards

emmet

Liverpool
Level Contributor
164 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: El valle VS La Manga Club

Hi Emmet can I suggest you take a look at La Torre this resort is just before El Valle.

I am not sure if El Valle is completed or not or what facilities they have.

Dublin-Ireland
Level Contributor
138 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: El valle VS La Manga Club

many thanks polaris.

Is this a venue you would recommend?

Liverpool
Level Contributor
164 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: El valle VS La Manga Club

Yes only because we have got an apartment on La Torre.

If you visit the Polaris World website you can find more information about the resorts.

I could be wrong but I think there are more bars/resturants open on La Torre.

If you require more info please feel free to contact me.

Cambs
Level Contributor
328 posts
397 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: El valle VS La Manga Club

Can only reccommend La Manga Club as we have a place there.

Yes, you are correct, you are paying more for the fact that it is an established 5 star golf and sports resort with excellent facilities. Some people holiday there and never leave the resort!

I have 2 sons, and they love the resort. It has 24 hour security, which makes you feel safer than at home in England sometimes.

If you haven't already looked, have a look at www.lamangarentals.com as I'm assuming you are looking to go in the summer holidays ( we are booked through to 30th Aug, other wise I would reccommend us of course!!!)

Any other info needed, please ask.

IRISH
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: El valle VS La Manga Club

Hi Emmet

did you go to el valle last year ? we are going this year and have exactly the same concerns. could you tell me how you got on. my children are just a little bit younger. we love the villas on el valle and are thinking that we could travel to la torre in the evenings for dinner etc. as it seems to be a bit livlier

regards

nicole

6. Re: El valle VS La Manga Club

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 05:25