We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family sea fishing trips in Murcia region

sligo ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family sea fishing trips in Murcia region

Hi, i am trying to organize a sea fishing trip for a family of 2 adults and 3 kids ages 10/11/11, not having much luck so far.Can anyone help with the name and contact details of a company that could help.

Also any other ideas on adventures that would impress kids of that age in the Murcia region.

We are holidaying in El Valle resort on the last week of july and first week of august. any suggestions would be great!

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family sea fishing trips in Murcia region

www.calidafishing.com - try this web site for starters. I've never used them but they seem to do trips for 4 or 6 people.

If your kids are sporty - www.espuna-adventure.com - quad bikes and canoeing, about 45 mins inland from El Valle. Again, I've never used them,but we are off there this afternoon.

sligo ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family sea fishing trips in Murcia region

Thanks for that,would love to hear how ye got on this afternoon.Would you recommend any of the water and animal parks that can be found in the area?also any nice places to eat.

Thanks a mil

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family sea fishing trips in Murcia region

We had a great time yesterday morning. We stayed overnight at the Mariposa Hotel, which is where the activities are organised and start.

They are run by an English couple, and our tour guide Paul was brilliant. Two of us were on one quad, and we spent about an hour (after a a few mins of thorough instruction) going through the mountains with a couple of stops for photos, and then we had a double canoe (life jackets supplied which was very leisurely and easy to manouvre, on what can be only described as the most scenic lake I have ever seen. There is then time for swimming before returning to the hotel on quads, again with a few photo stops, and Paul explaining indepth about this particular area of Spain.

Lunch is then included at the hotel. The whole tour was from 9 am to approx 1.20 back at the hotel. If you do do this, make sure you take water and sun lotion with you as it does get hot, especially on the canoes.

The whole morning for the two of us was 170 euros, which may seem expensive, but it really was worth it, and we hope to do it again next month when my daughter is with us.

Terra Natura with it's water park on the way to Murcia, is OK. The kids would probably enjoy it and the animals all seem well looked after, but I always feel that the enclosures could be bigger.

Plenty of restaurants to chose from. Main resort is Los Alcazares on the coast, which has a plaza full of around 20 different places to eat, most quite good value.

Assuming you have a car, there's a better water park behind the shopping mall, Las Habernaras, in Torrevieja, about 30/35 mins drive, or our favourite in Rojales, about 10 mins the other side of Torrevieja.

(

Edited: 12 July 2010, 07:26
sligo ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family sea fishing trips in Murcia region

Thanks for the info.Is it worthwhile going to Benidorm on a day trip to visit Mundamar and the water park next door?

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,544 posts
426 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family sea fishing trips in Murcia region

With kids that age, I think Benidorm is well worth a visit. Mundamar and Acqulandia are both good for a day visit - about 1 3/4 hrs on the motorway.

6. Re: Family sea fishing trips in Murcia region

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 January 2011, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Murcia
Recent Conversations