We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire from San Javier Airport

Which Murcia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
Car Hire from San Javier Airport

Does anyone have an opinion on which car hire company would be a reliable one to choose. I need 2 weeks worth of hire car in July, pick up and drop off at the airport and I have no clue which one to choose?

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Cambs
Level Contributor
317 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

Hi

We have used www.carjet.co.uk and www.doyouspain.co.uk

The first two are brokers which give you a price for the hire and if you decide to book through them, they then tell you which hire car company you will be with. You will then have some add on fees - extra drivers, petrol, etc and they usually try and sell extra insurance. The petrol is on a full to empty usually.

Hope this helps a bit.

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

Thank you, do you remember which companies the brokers used? That's more what I'm interested in because I want the car to be supplied by a reliable company. ?Thanks for your help. Wendy

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

We have always used Centauro and found them to be very reliable. They are based in the airport near the luggage collection area, and don't normally have a queque of more than a couple of people.

Cambs
Level Contributor
317 posts
374 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

They have used gold car the most over the years. Centauro & solmar occasionally. Obviously that's just our experience. Increasingly gold car seem to have the longest queues.

It is worth having a look on www.hirecarsinspain.com too. Our son recently used them and you choose which company to go through with them.

Cardiff, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

we have been travelling to san javier airport for the last four years and have used carjet on numerous occasions. we have searched through many sites but they always give the best deal and use car hire based at the airport. if there are any changes to be made before you travel they are easy to contact in the uk. On most occasions we have had the car from Gold Car but occasionally it will be one of the other companies at the airport. One tip-if you have to wait for luggage send one person straight from the plane to the collection point-you can usually avoid the queues if you do this.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
459 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

Hi

I normally use www.amigoautos.co.uk There are a brooker but are very good. They normally refer to Goldcar who always have the longest line.

A word of warning Check the vehicle and double check the vehicle before you take it out and if possible take a photo ( camera or mobile ) as Goldcar tried to charge me for damage to the vehicle BUT I was able to prove it was not us due to the time and dated pics I took. amigoautos where very helpful in sorting out the problem.

The normal Insurance does not cover you for tyre damage etc so be careful where you drive as some of the roads in the area are not the best.

All this said dont let me put you off as driving in Spain is easier than the UK.

Have a good holiday

PS My friends in the area tell me that the Police ( Trafico ) are short of money so are issuing tickets freely :-)

Bristol, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

hi

look for someone with the car in spain. we used it b4, much cheaper, no excess, fuell policy etc. maybe not new cars, but will be much cheaper, especially in the summer

regards

York
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

Hi we have used Carjet but now use Bolnuevo Cars which are a family firm and based actually in Bolnuevo but the transfers and the car hire (plus good service) is still much cheaper than the chains.

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply. I read everything and looked at all the websites but still didn't have a scooby doo who to choose! Went for Goldcar in the end as their price seemed comparable and my Mum says that's the company she's seen most around their area. We are doing hand luggage only (stupid Ryanair!) so should be off the plane and into the queue pretty quick! Thanks again, happy holidays!

edinburgh
Level Contributor
6 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car Hire from San Javier Airport

Has. Anyone heard or used costacoches car hire