We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

airport

Which Murcia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Berwick upon Tweed
Level Contributor
61 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
airport

Has anyone heard when the new airport will open, and will the san javear airport still stay open.

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: airport

Due to open at the end of this year, but again, could be later as already a couple of years overdue. Not sure what will happen to SJ airport -may revert to being a military base.

Dublin Eire
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: airport

My self and my hubby are taking a few days break on 17 dec/20 dec cant decide on Murcia or Alicante? Any suggestions would great..Thanks Bluey

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,523 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: airport

That time I year I would think Alicante would have more to see and do. Murcia airport is about 45 mins drive from the city and there's not a lot nearby except the beaches.

Alicante
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: airport

Alicante is definitely the best choice, theres much more to see and do in and around Alicante round Christmas time.

A-Brit-in-spain.blogspot.com

Edited: 15 November 2011, 18:27
Ireland
Level Contributor
27 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: airport

An update on the original question here.

New airport at Corvera almost complete now however it is expected to be next summer (2012) before flights can come in when all of the checks and safety tests and paperwork etc are completed. Intersetingly Jet 2 are the first airport to commit to flying to Corvera but only from November 2012.

And San Javear airport will close when new airport up and running.

6. Re: airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 January 2013, 10:19