We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire Murcia airport

mb3
n.ireland
Level Contributor
23 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire Murcia airport

The last time I went to Murcia I hired a car through jet2 with GOLDCAR cost £124 for the week by the time we had left the airport we paid close to £300,due to fuel and insurance.The full to empty policy is an absolute con as there is no re imbursement for unused fuel.Can anyone suggest a more appropriate car hire company not necessarily based at the airport.

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
423 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

There's been a lot of discussion about car hire at Murcia airport recently, so if you put car hire into the search box above, you will see plenty of posts regarding this subject.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
30,520 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

Check www.auto-europe.co.uk

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

Filter your search to include full to full policy !!

England
Level Contributor
200 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

Try Lara Cars - you pay for fuel but a lot more reasonable than most.

carlow, ireland
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

Hi Charlie99,

just wondering how you got on with lara car hire. We're heading out in July & their quote is the best out there. did you get stuck for any extra's?

thanks,

D.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

hi dodi2, i,m hiring with lara cars at alicante next month. i have hired with them twice before with no problems. the price you are quoted is the price you pay so, no surprices

England
Level Contributor
200 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

HI, As tpenman says there was no problems with Lara at all. The price quoted was the price I paid and it was less than the prices on the website! The petrol is to pay for but cheaper than a lot of companies. I filled all my passport an driving licience details to them online so there was no form filling etc when we got there. There was a lady just outside arrivals with a board with my name on the car was in the public car park so had to pay 80 cents to get it out. You can pay be card or cash. It was the fastest why I have got a car at Murcia before. Coming back just told to leave in the car park, open the window and put the keys through. I also got an upgrade of a car too. I will definately use them again. Just thought only thing not covered for where the tyres.

London, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

Yes. Goldcar are a complete Con. I hired a car from the UK using Auto Europe - which included a full Insurance package. On arrival in Murcia Airport - after a 65 minute delay in the line because everyone else was as incensed as me by the Goldcar procedure, a rude and offensive GoldCar counter assistant added a 45 Euro Insurance surcharge - non negotiable - to be paid or else they would not release the car. When I explained I had already paid for the Insurance with Auto Europe - and showed him the Terms and conditions proving this very clearly , he refused to supply the car at all - with the words 'Now you can walk" leaving me and my party of 4 including a 3 year old child - stranded in Murcia Airport at 11 at night. Auto Europe have not been helpful (Fifty Pounds compensation offer) and I am now pursuing the matter through Trading Standards as Auto Europe miss-represented the agreement, saying it included all Insurances, when, as the GoldCar man told me '"Your insurance means nothing in Spain." A scam by any definition of the word, and happening in 'Scams Awareness Month' with Trading Standards Institute, whose slogan is 'Scams are Crimes Help stop them.'

If you wish to follow the complaint against Auto Europe for this fraudulent miss-representation online with Facebook - its AutoEuropePolicy. https://www.facebook.com/AutoEuropePolicy

London, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

Yes - Auto Europe was the mistake I made. They brokered a deal with Goldcar , who are a complete Con. I hired a car from the UK using Auto Europe - which included a full Insurance package. On arrival in Murcia Airport - after a 65 minute delay in the line because everyone else was as incensed as me by the Goldcar procedure, a rude and offensive GoldCar counter assistant added a 45 Euro Insurance surcharge - non negotiable - to be paid or else they would not release the car. When I explained I had already paid for the Insurance with Auto Europe - and showed him the Terms and conditions proving this very clearly , he refused to supply the car at all - with the words 'Now you can walk" leaving me and my party of 4 including a 3 year old child - stranded in Murcia Airport at 11 at night. Auto Europe have not been helpful (Fifty Pounds compensation offer) and I am now pursuing the matter through Trading Standards as Auto Europe miss-represented the agreement, saying it included all Insurances, when, as the GoldCar man told me '"Your insurance means nothing in Spain." A scam by any definition of the word, and happening in 'Scams Awareness Month' with Trading Standards Institute, whose slogan is 'Scams are Crimes Help stop them.'

If you wish to follow the complaint against Auto Europe for this fraudulent miss-representation online with Facebook - its AutoEuropePolicy. https://www.facebook.com/AutoEuropePolicy

London, England
Level Contributor
6 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire Murcia airport

Yes - Auto Europe was the mistake I made. They brokered a deal with Goldcar , who are a complete Con.

I hired a car from the UK using Auto Europe - which advertised and included a full Insurance package. On arrival in Murcia Airport - after a 65 minute delay in the line because everyone else was as incensed as me by the Goldcar procedure, a rude and offensive GoldCar counter assistant added a 45 Euro Insurance surcharge - non negotiable - to be paid or else they would not release the car.

When I explained I had already paid for the Insurance with Auto Europe - and showed him the Terms and conditions proving this very clearly , he refused to supply the car at all - with the words 'Now you can walk" leaving me and my party of 4 including a 3 year old child - stranded in Murcia Airport at 11 at night.

Auto Europe have not been helpful (Fifty Pounds compensation offer) and I am now pursuing the matter through a complaint with Trading Standards as Auto Europe miss-represented the agreement, saying it included all Insurances, when, as the GoldCar man told me '"Your insurance means nothing in Spain."

A scam by any definition of the word, and happening in 'Scams Awareness Month' with Trading Standards Institute, whose slogan is 'Scams are Crimes Help stop them.'

Get answers to your questions about Murcia