We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations near Mar Menor

Which Murcia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Andover, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations near Mar Menor

Hi

I'm going on a golfing holiday for a week, staying at The Residences at Mar Menor. I've got a few questions about the resort and the general area, if anyone's got any advice would be great!

What's the resort like?!

Are there any hidden fees, eg cleaning fees on departure, fees to use pool/gym. Are there sunbeds, do they cost?

What are the bars and restaurants like in the resort, I read there was an Irish bar, is it any good? Expensive? Is there a supermarket on site, if so is it crazy expensive compared to the local ones?

I know there's bars and restaurants on site, but can anyone recommend anywhere outside this? I gather Los alcazares is the closest town? Is this good for food and drink? We're planninng on having one 'wild night', is this possible here or do we need to look further afield? San Javirer?

Many thanks in advance

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
407 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations near Mar Menor

Can't help with resort, but LA is your nearest resort/beach approx 5 miles away. Very good choice of bars, cafes and restaurants as well as supermarket and decent beach. I think LA would be better than San Javier, but depends on what you want. LA is geared up for the English but SJ is more Spanish.

Andover, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations near Mar Menor

Thanks very much for the prompt reply, llamacalmer.

Can you recommend anywhere in or near LA? We're looking for some good restaurants, some good bars, a few late nightclub/discos, anything like that?

Also what beaches do you reckon we should go to?

Thanks again.

3. Re: Recommendations near Mar Menor

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2014, 06:19