We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

san javier airport to santiago de la ribera transfer issue

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
san javier airport to santiago de la ribera transfer issue

Hi all.

There is 5 of us, 3 adults and 2 children age 7 and 13 travelling to San Javier airport next week. We are a bit stuck with transfer to Santiago de la Ribera as we were told by the person who was organising our accommodation new law doesn't let them to pivk us up from the airport.

We were advised to use a taxi but my question is: are there 7 seather taxis available from Murcia Airport Taxis at all?

Can we book a car big enough for 5 passangers?is there any other way to get to santiago you could recommend?

Any ideas would be appreciated,thanks in advance.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,436 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: san javier airport to santiago de la ribera transfer issue

Hi Marta_Rz,

Santiago de la Ribera is no more than 2.5-3 Km from Murcia San Javier airport (MJV).

The taxi fare is usually around €8-10 each way to/from Santiago de la Ribera. May likely be more in a 7-seater.

So, if they are unable to do a 7-seater to collect your group + luggage, then 2 taxis should cost not much over €20 each way hopefully.

You can of course ask the airport taxis themselves if they can do you a 7-seater. Go here and use the contact form: http://www.taxiaeropuertomurcia.com

The taxis are licensed with San Javier Council and are metered.

The only other way apart from the airport other than taxi is via the MJV shuttle bus. However, there's only 2/day at the moment until the end of June and even in peak summer, they usually add just 1 further service in both directions just after lunch. The current times are in this link: autocareslainmaculada.es/…ADneas-y-horarios (airport times are at the foot of the page).

The airport shuttle bus will take you to the Santiago de la Ribera public transport (bus) interchange near to the hotel Mar Menor/Hotel Trabuco/Guardia Civil HQ. So you'd have to decide if this is near enough to wherever you are staying. The cost is about €1.40-ish pp each way I think, though I expect prices will have increased.

Cheers!

DD

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: san javier airport to santiago de la ribera transfer issue

Thanks very much for all the information, much appreciated.

I was considering sending a message to Murcia Taxis to enquire about 7-seaters. Its probably the best way forward.

I think we can cross out the bus as we arrive around 7.30 pm and fly back at 8pm. I have tried to get quotes from different transport companies but the cheapest I got was almost 50 euro both ways and I even got one stating 90€!

3. Re: san javier airport to santiago de la ribera transfer issue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Murcia
Recent Conversations