We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire - Prepaid Credit Card

Which Murcia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire - Prepaid Credit Card

Has anybody ever paid for car hire this way? For one reason or another I don't have credit cards.

I can't see a problem personally, as I will be purchasing the extra insurance online before I go to avoid holding the 600 or so euros and will be using Goldcar through DYS.

I used them about 4 years ago, used debit card, had to pay 70 euro extra insurance, so this time I am covering my back before I go!

Just wanted to make double sure before I book :)

Thanks!

Liverpool
Level Contributor
484 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire - Prepaid Credit Card

They do not usually accept them but check their terms and conditions.

When you say you are purchasing the insurance before you go do you mean Goldcar's insurance or the brokers?

If it is the brokers then you will still have to stump up a large deposit with Goldcar on credit card on collection of the car. I have my own insurance but had to pay 1100 euro deposit for a ford focus a couple of weeks ago. On another point with Goldcar, I broke down in their dodgy car and as I did not have their insurance I was charged 150 euros for recovery to their garage, very dodgy company to book with.

That said most hires go without hitch but do your homework and ask all the questions first.

John

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire - Prepaid Credit Card

Thanks John, all sorted now with help from a family member. Just for anyone else though...Nobody takes debit cards in Murcia airport ... Goldcar had a change of policy since I last used them.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
107 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire - Prepaid Credit Card

Can j I just add...Centuro replied to my email and they DO take debit cards but you have to purchase THEIR insurance. Too late for me now but Just FYI :-)

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,533 posts
408 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire - Prepaid Credit Card

As a point of interest Centauro take debit cards if you are a Gold member (once you have used them 3 times).

5. Re: Car Hire - Prepaid Credit Card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:15