We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from Murcia airport

Which Murcia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Taxis from Murcia airport

We are travelling with a 2 1/2 year old in a few weeks, do the taxis at the airport have car seats in them? We are staying in Santiago de la Ribera - any idea on cost of taxis? Thanks!

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

Forgive me for being blasé, but the distance is quite short and the accident rate in this part of the world is minimal. Put the kids on your lap and strap them in for what will be a short journey. If you want to factor in the seats, I think you will only delay the start to a great holiday.

A taxi, with presumably a few suitcases, will be no more than 20 euros.

Have a good holiday, this is chill central.

Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it isn't far from the airport but we are looking for her to be strapped in...it wouldn't be a great start to the holiday if we ended up being in a rare accident.

Felbridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,517 posts
399 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

If you definitely want a car seat it'd be best if you bring your own one.

Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

Thanks that's not an option as ours is only an isifix one - not a belted. Looks like we'll be pre booking a transfer then if taxis don't have seats.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
1,124 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

Hi FewSears,

Contact the Murcia San Javier airport (MJV) taxis and see if you can reserve one of the appropriate size for your child.

Click on the Union flag for the English version.

You are quite right on insisting on a suitable child seat as since spring of this year when Spanish Congress passed new road safety laws, it will be YOU, not the taxi driver or rental company who is legally responsible for ensuring that your child/children are securely seated and restrained in any hire vehicle.

The taxi fare should really be no more than about €15 to Santiago de la Ribera assuming there's 4 of you maximum. However, note the Sunday/public holiday premium of 30% if you arrive on one of those days.

I'd definitely contact the airport taxis to see if they've got a suitable child seat as I think that you'll be quoted absolutely stupid money for a transfer.

Good luck.

DD

Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

Great thank you for that info, I will try to contact them :-) it's just not worth the risk in my eyes

Hull
Level Contributor
13 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

Thanks so much for your advice, the taxi company replied straight away and have arranged for someone to meet us in the arrival hall with a baby seat in their car :-) at a cost of 20 euros (it's a Sunday!)

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

Recommend you taking a trunki booster seat/back pack as your child's hand luggage- easy to carry and removes any worries.

Belgium
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

Hi,

I'm a Belgian and I speak not very good English so I try to explain what I want ask to you.

So, I come with my husband and my 5 chidren on holiday the 18th September. My plane is JAF4483 and we arrived to Murcia at 19.45 and we must go to Vera. I want to know if there is some taxi who can drive us there and what is the price.

Please could you give me an answer faster.

My e-mail is olivier.caspers@gmail.com thanks

I thank you a lot

Good day

Mme CASPERS

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Taxis from Murcia airport

That's in the region of 100km away ? A taxi would cost a fortune.

There is anothe poster on here called DivineDave. I think we need his assistance as he knows the majority of all the trains and bus timetables. At that time of night it may be very restricted ? How about hiring a car ?

I would estimate a taxi coming in somewhere around 200 Euros ?!